[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

I remember the TRS-80 had 8K when it first came out, think my TI-99/4A had 256Bytes... Used to love assembler, but haven’t used it in decades.

5 Likes

This is great!

It would be even better if Hubitat also made this data available via some local object, to avoid the hub making the HTTP request to itself (with all the serialization/deserialization involved).

5 Likes

This is great, thanks @thebearmay.
I'm seeing some weird stats. My hub is in an unheated room, about 40F, and the hub temp is 127 F!
The hub isn't performing much at this time, and is not dust filled. Maybe the tiny heatsink has come unglued?

Does sound a little high, but it may just be a calibration issue - unfortunately no way to tell or adjust.

Is this a C7 or one of the other hubs?

Temps in my C7 look good...

1 Like

Actually, the Trash80 Model I was either 4K or 16K in-the-case, and upgradeable to a whopping 48K with the Expansion Interface. :grin:

I'll second the "available via some local object" request.

PDP-8/L, with 4K of memory. That's 4k of 12-bit words. Core memory, in fact; not semiconductor.

Not my own; but I'd been in computers for 14 years before I owned one, and even then it was vastly inferior to what I was used to working on at work.

(Also not my first; a few years earlier, an IBM 1620, with 20,000 decimal digits of core memory.)

1 Like

Beat you all...my first computer was an abacus.

7 Likes

First grade in India - I had to build an abacus. Using beads and string.

16 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

You mean they gave you beads and string? We had to make our own twine from cow hair and chip beads out of chunks of plastic.

:wink:

Seriously, you win.

13 Likes

It's my C4. I'm slowly moving my stuff to the C7, but z-wave is weird on the C7. Seems like it takes a week for routes to settle down.
Thanks again for the driver !

1 Like

I’m hearing that the C4s run hotter than the C7, so 127 may not be too far from norm.

Longer. Mine are churning continually ever since 2.2.5. I wish that I could push a pause button on each device’s route exploration. Ten or so route changes per device per day is not unusual.

I just shrug my shoulders as long as everything works.

@tony.fleisher’s Mesh Details program really makes this clear.

Now you've got me worried about the heat!

Should I be worried?

ya thats how.. both mine are in the upper 90s F ,, is it in the sun or something

Nope, not in the sun (Ha, Ha! I live in the frozen North!)

But, I haven't spent any time on cable management, etc. So My hubs aren't arranged very well.

Maybe I should just get a chill mat???

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.26.54 AM

I'd be more worried that ours are identical, down to the tenth of a degree!! :smiley:

Above is a C-5 and below is a C-7:

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.30.13 AM

Next is a C-3:

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.32.07 AM

And finally, a C-4:

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.34.14 AM

could the call not be working in certain circumstances? default?

C-5 (this one is flat and upside down)

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 13.07.18

C-5 (this one is on its side)

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 13.07.40

1 Like