[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

If the vent holes are arranged like the C-7 (all around the bottom edge) this could make some sense as the heat rising would create a chimney effect drawing in cooler air at the bottom and pulling it up across the main board.

No, I think the TI 99/4A had 16 Kbytes. The 256 bytes was scratchpad RAM on the chip. So the 16Kb was only available through a 4/8 bit interface. But the 256 bytes was on a 16 Bit interface. Strange stuff. I remember spending Many hours typing in programs from Compute! and Byte into that unforgiving beast. The tape recorder interface was a boon though.

That wasn't from Memory though, Texas Instruments TI-99/4A - Wikipedia reminded me of a couple bits.

S.

2 Likes

172.4! @csteele what are you smoking over there? (Just a joke....)

Come on @danabw, we all know your CURRENT computer is an abacus too.

S.

1 Like

Does anyone know what unit (bytes, KB...) the freeOSMemory is reported in?

The first computer I worked on in the Air Force was a PDP 11/44 with 12 Terminals (several of which were Teletypes) -- used to type some formatted reports on them with a timeliness requirement of <2 minutes. Had to type the entire report (tabbed fields) blind, into the keyboard buffer, complete with corrections and hit enter to get the report out in time. To this day, I somehow keep a count in my head of how many characters since my last error, and when I get going the backspace key get's hammered like it's an enemy. letter, letter, letter, letter, BACKSPACE, BACKSPACE, BACKSPACE, letter, letter enter.

That poor backspace key got the hell beat out of it. LOL

2 Likes

Believe the base RAM is 1GB, so MB?

Yeah, I remember entering assembler code on ASR-33s. Because of the use of tabs to align the comments, it was easy to keep ahead of the echo, and I sometimes did for entire pages. (Connected to a PDP-8/I running TSS-8, in that case; early 70s).

1 Like

i have a working commodore pet in the basement

2 Likes

Hi @thebearmay
Did you get this driver integrated into HPM?
Cannot seem to find it.
Thanks.

Should be there (under my real name), I did a search using keywords hub information to get:

4 Likes

Hmm - the raw number that I get back is 533868, so KB?

Probably, running on about 3 hours sleep over the last 36 so the brain is starting to get foggy...

2 Likes

Thanks. I was putting Hubitat Info. My bad.
Thanks again.

1 Like

I’ll have to look to see how to add some additional keywords/search terms because Hubitat Information would be a logical search.

3 Likes

Not healthy...hope you can improve your schedule. I assume it's due to all the extra work required to translate @bobbles's posts from UK English to US English. :wink: He seems pretty chuffed about the new Hubitat Information Driver, doesn't he? :smiley:

1 Like

@danabw
Cor blimey. Too right I does.
Any road up. I'm sittin' ear in me Lion's Liar thinking of gettin' me self another pimple an' blotch from me near and far. Trouble is my trouble and strife says I'm scotch mist already so I've got to knock it on the 'ead.
Never mind, tomorrow's another pork scratin'.

9 Likes

Sleep schedule should work itself out soon - took one step too many off a porch and ended up dislocating a knee; popped back in but swelled up larger than my quad. Ice and Ibuprofen are slowly bringing it back to tolerable.

3 Likes

Oh wow...shivered and had goose pimples when I read that. Geeze, best wishes on a full and speedy (as much as can be) recovery. Don't do what I did recently...had what appears to be a bad muscle spasm/stress on my left hip. Got muscle relaxants and pain killers and a week later was feeling much better. Went out and did some work around the yard and brought all the pain back so I'm back to square 1 or 1.5 maybe. Give it enough time to really heal up...

Google Translate fail, in fact, I think you broke the translator:

George Bernard Shaw would be proud of you.

:wink:

3 Likes

If you need a bit of guidance, watch Mary Poppins. After all, it was an American who taught us Brits how to talk proper. :wink:

I'm happy to provide a translation if you wish me to.

1 Like