Kasa Devices Spamming HE

So you were seeing the elevated load on the HE hub, did the update and restarted, and now you are not seeing the elevated load any more?

To test, try:

• Opening the logs page in one browser tab
  • Turning on Debug logging for 30 mins on one of the plug devices, under the Device's Preference Settings
  • Click the refresh command on the same device edit page

That's correct, so far so good.

I've followed your instructions as well to test:

1 Like

That's good to hear, as long as you don't see a flurry of logs spamming your log page, then I expect you will be ok, at least in terms of performance.

Do you happen to use the Hub Information driver at all? It is quite useful in assessing situations like this.

Where do I find that please?

You can install it via Hubitat Package Manager, or see the thread here:

Probably worth getting through your immediate issue without complicating things for now, just may be worth introducing once you are back up and running

Appears to be very useful as you mentioned.

I found this one on HPM:

Is that the correct version?

I tried installing using the link from @thebearmay but it did not work:

Yes, it is very useful.

@thebearmay can probably comment better than me on your error, but GitHub can have issues from time-to-time..... Or the config for a "package" can also be slightly off occassionally.... Like I said, probably one for tomorrow I expect, best to make sure your system is up and running for now.

Sorry, correction, the one above is the one you want from HPM, but the error is still something to follow up

Up time is over 1h13m and no issues despite the debug still being on for the test plug.
Overall devices logs appear to be low compared to before:

Now

Before

1 Like

That's good. Might be worth checking over your setup with Dave in the morning (just to make sure), and working through the setup of Hub Info with @thebearmay when you have some time (maybe sometime soon :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hmmm. Not sure why you’d get that error just did a repair from HPM on it to check and didn’t get the error although the message you’re gettting is pointing to the driver code and not the manifest.

Trying to remember if there is a way to "refresh" the repo's in HPM?....

I used this link:

That link can be used in the Import option when adding or updating the code directly via the Drivers Code tab (outside of HPM). Could use it to do a manual install, and then do Match Up from HPM to let HPM know to monitor it for changes.

I've just attempted this but it threw an error too:

You’re in the Apps Code tab, go to the Drivers Code..

I thought it was an app - Worked now, thank you:

Where do I find the actual stats from the driver code?

1 Like

Go into the device page, and hit Configure and then set up the polling options for the attributes you want to monitor and Save Preferences. One of the options most people use is the ability to generate an html attribute for dashboards that will display the most commonly used information. If you’re looking for detailed trending, you might want to consider exporting the events to something like InfluxDb/Grafana to do charts, i.e.

1 Like