UPDATE! Help! Hubitat is becoming eratic! Database 543m and growing!

The “m” is certainly weird but is not that it’s an ALERT and in RED enough to tell you it’s bad :joy:

2 Likes

I powered it down again and restarted OK.

Hope that resolves whatever it was.

2 Likes

You may wish to use @thebearmay’s Hub Information driver to monitor database size.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Looks good!

I installed it but didn't see it in the apps list and there is no documentation.

Any suggestions for how to use it?

2 Likes

If you’re talking about the Hub Information Driver, you’ll need to create a virtual device using it. There are several attributes you can poll, select what makes sense to you and a polling interval (I use 10 minutes). Once you’ve done that, you can use RM, webCoRE, Event Engine, Node-Red, etc. to create alerts if one of the values goes above/below what you consider reasonable.

7 Likes

Thanks!

I'm off to a start.

3 Likes

You can use the html attribute with the Attribute tile if you want to put all of the information on one tile (may need to be a 2x2).

Thank you for helping me with this!

I may be drifting into the woods, though.

I can't find the html attribute.

May need to tell the driver to create it.

3 Likes

I use Hubigraphs to generate the gauges. A cool little app. Makes all sorts of fun things.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I see it now.

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendation.

I will try it!

1 Like

Just a warning. I have never had this and in the last month I have had it twice.
This morings soft reset was caused by the Chromecast App (Beta) filling the logs thousands of times.

2021-07-30 23:16:42.126 errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.ChromeCastException: Waiting for response timed out (method parse)

@gopher.ny has been doing some work on this lately. I wonder if it may be related…. What version of the Hubitat platform are you running?

1 Like

Chromecast polling has to be explicitly enabled in the app for the new code to run, is it enabled?

Can you ping me your hub's id? I can take a closer look at it.

With 2.2.8, a shutdown invokes database defrag and compact routines. That's why the message suggests rebooting first. I found that in many cases, a reboot is enough to get it back on track.

1 Like

I did try that first.
Shutdown, disconnect power, restart.

I did a reboot as well but it still came up with the warning. I do have the Chromecast polling on at 300 seconds.
Soft reset and restore worked.

My database size is down to 32 minnows and the temperature is only 96.8. I guess the soft reset and restore fixed a few things.

3 Likes