UPDATE! Help! Hubitat is becoming eratic! Database 543m and growing!

What's going on?

I haven't added any new devices or major rule changes yet my database is exploding in size. It usually runs 60m to 70m.

I have just been updating the software as usual.

?

Sounds like the database has gotten corrupted. Download a new backup, then do a Soft Reset, and when the hub comes back up, restore the backup.

4 Likes

I've always found this warning message oddly formatted.

Why is the size units in "m"? Is that an abbreviation for "mb"? Or "MB"? Why abbreviate a 2 letter unit to just a single letter?

Giving some context as to what size it should be or min/max/avg size would help. If it's 580MB but the limit is 28GB then who cares if it's growing. Having more details about the rate of growth would help too. Saying how much is and how much it's grown in the last 24hrs or 7 days would give you context.

Hubitat has a really strange UI.

4 Likes

The “m” is certainly weird but is not that it’s an ALERT and in RED enough to tell you it’s bad :joy:

2 Likes

I powered it down again and restarted OK.

Hope that resolves whatever it was.

2 Likes

You may wish to use @thebearmay’s Hub Information driver to monitor database size.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Looks good!

I installed it but didn't see it in the apps list and there is no documentation.

Any suggestions for how to use it?

2 Likes

If you’re talking about the Hub Information Driver, you’ll need to create a virtual device using it. There are several attributes you can poll, select what makes sense to you and a polling interval (I use 10 minutes). Once you’ve done that, you can use RM, webCoRE, Event Engine, Node-Red, etc. to create alerts if one of the values goes above/below what you consider reasonable.

7 Likes

Thanks!

I'm off to a start.

3 Likes

You can use the html attribute with the Attribute tile if you want to put all of the information on one tile (may need to be a 2x2).

Thank you for helping me with this!

I may be drifting into the woods, though.

I can't find the html attribute.

May need to tell the driver to create it.

3 Likes

I use Hubigraphs to generate the gauges. A cool little app. Makes all sorts of fun things.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I see it now.

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendation.

I will try it!

1 Like

Just a warning. I have never had this and in the last month I have had it twice.
This morings soft reset was caused by the Chromecast App (Beta) filling the logs thousands of times.

2021-07-30 23:16:42.126 errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.ChromeCastException: Waiting for response timed out (method parse)

@gopher.ny has been doing some work on this lately. I wonder if it may be related…. What version of the Hubitat platform are you running?

1 Like