Z-Wave Universal Device Scanner - eventual goal is to bundle the features of the multiple utility drivers into one, plus additional features. Features to be included from the generic 'Device' driver, Basic Z-Wave Tool, and Z-Wave Tweaker.
If you are using this driver PLEASE like this post so I can get an idea of how many people are using it. It will motivate me to make more/better contributions as well.
- Get Info - this mimics this same command from the 'Device' driver. Requests make/model info from the device, saves it to the data and prints the fingerprint in the logs.
- Set Lifeline Association - Useful after a firmware update if the device is no longer reporting back to the hub, try sending this command it might fix it without having to re-pair.
- Scan Parameters - This fully scans the device using ConfigurationPropertiesGet (and optionally ConfigurationNameGet and ConfigurationInfoGet). Saves all the info returned to the device data, then generates a parameters list on the fly from it. Toggle options in the preferences can enable the Name and Info scanning.
- Sync From Device - Use this after scanning the parameters to sync over the current settings as a starting point, run after the Scan and before saving so you do not overwrite your current settings!
Please try this out on various devices, it may not work on older devices so don't be surprised if it just stalls out sometimes.
Current Driver Version: 0.2.0
- ZEN17 Universal Relay - Fully Functional
- ZEN7x Switch/Dimmers - Some have issues reporting the Name/Info but otherwise work
- ZEN32 Scene Controller - Fully Functional
- ZAC36 Valve Control - Due to unique nature of parameters, not recommended.
- Do not try to scan multiple devices at once
- If device does not support these features it will just get stuck scanning the first parameter
- Try more than once if it gets stuck, its a LOT of zwave commands so the device might have to re-route before it will work fully
Donations: Never required, always appreciated! ---->>>> PayPal.Me <<<<----