Is Basic Z wave tool still supported?

Is this driver still being supported or is there another app or driver now available?

I ask because I do use this tool a lot, especially for my Fibar devices. I got a MCO Home shutter module now and I need to use it for that as well. But on the MCO it returns nothing in the logs.

I noticed it has not been updated in a long time as well. Is Mike still around?

Yes he is around, it does not need any updates, it is a sample driver. I have made my own customizations for it on my end, as well as working on moving some of its functions to my Z-Wave scanner driver. [RELEASE] Z-Wave Universal Device Scanner

I don't think that tool requests the config value back after it sets it. Some devices may reply automatically and some may not.

1 Like

Yep. Still on staff.

1 Like

When, specifically, does it show nothing in the logs?

As others have mentioned, Mike is still around, but this driver is very simple and has rarely needed any updates (last one I recall was for S2 compatibility when the C-7 was released, S2 also being new to the hub at that time).

1 Like

What I have is a MCO Home MH-C221 shutter module (made in CHina). Using the Basic tool, it returns nothing in the logs if I click get parameters. Or if I just pick a parameter number.

When I 1st installed it, Basic tool did work ok and I used it. But right now this midule is not even talking nice to my C-7. Hub reports this;
0x2f (047) PER: 7, RTT Avg: 73ms, LWR RSSI: N/A
Neighbors: 14, Route Changes: 1 Pending
SPECIFIC_TYPE_CLASS_C_MOTOR_CONTROL
McoHome Technology Co., Ltd

However it is working on my dashboard using the Generic z wave shutter driver, just not reporting status back to the hub and the Hub status reports is as shown above. (pending ?) Z-Wave Repair did not help.

So maybe this module is just bad, but the Basic tool will not log anything.

If it shows as Pending and a refresh/repair does not work then the device is not responding to the hub, so no driver is going to get anything back from it to log.

Have you power cycled the device and the hub?