Bond Integration built-in app. How to remove device?

Hey @bcopeland. Would this be fixed with a hotfix in this release or will it be fixed in future releases?

Most likely coming in Hub FW 2.3.3 release, which is WIP at the moment.

1 Like

I have the same two issues

1. Can't delete a device added in Bond from Hubitat, either before or after it is deleted in Bond. So basically, once a device is added in Bond to a Bond linked to HE, it is in Hubitat forever...
  2. If I edit the name in Bond, HE does not update the name.

Looking forward to a fix....

I see this hasn't been fixed in 2.3.3 and isn't listed on the "Known Issues in 2.3.3.122" thread. Is a fix still planned?

1 Like

Bryan has stated a fix will for removing devices will be included in an updated release of the Bond integration, timing still TBD. Unless and until he reverses that statement we can expect that fix (and other updates) is coming.

Bond integration updates did not make the 2.3.3 release, except for one key tweak to fix a couple of typos w/the fan light "on/off" reporting.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/2-3-3-116-solved-bond-off-fan-light-state-not-correctly-handled-in-if-then-logic-in-button-controller-and-rule-machine-apps/101075/1

Hopefully the other (bigger/more complex) updates/fixes will be coming in 2.3.4, but we'll have to wait to see about the timing - HE doesn't like to pre-announce things.

1 Like

I have a workaround to get rid of any extra child devices.
You will need this custom driver (just for the delete child command): [RELEASE] Z-Wave Universal Device Scanner

Remove the device from the Bond App FIRST.
Go to the child you wish to remove and copy the DNI into a notepad or something handy.
Change the parent Bond Bridge device to this custom driver.
Fill in the child DNI to the box below the Delete Child command, and press the button.
Switch the driver back to "Bond Bridge"

If the device is still setup in the Bond mobile app, I believe it will eventually get added back automatically or if you press configure on the Bond Bridge device (once set back to the Bond Bridge driver).

As for the names not updating as stated above by someone else, just put your desired "friendly" name in the "Label" box in the child. The "Name" is locked because the childs are created as component device.

Nice! Will try tomorrow. Dealing with kitchen reno today.

Worked as advertised.

I'm ignoring my the Bond children I want to remove for now, holding back so I can help test when the Bond Integration w/child removal is available.

Basically following the same process I did w/my own children when they were teenagers and I could not remove them. I just ignored them. :wink:

2 Likes

Just wondering if there is any update on this as it has been 6 months.
I get that it may take some time to implement a stop button etc., but would it be possible to post an update that would allow us to sync the deletion and renaming of devices?

1 Like

Check my post above to delete individual child devices: Bond Integration built-in app. How to remove device? - #10 by jtp10181

As for the device name, you can just set the "Label" to whatever you want. But if the old name stuck in "Name" bothers you, you would have to delete the child and then switch back to the Bond Bridge driver and run configure which should create the child again with the current name in the bond app.

Feb 2023 and there is still no fix for this??
@bcopeland @bravenel @gopher.ny @mike.maxwell

1 Like

Yeah. Sort of discouraging....
My solution was to move to the "user" community Bond Integration. It works, and it includes support for presets and stop. Much higher household acceptance factor having those two options available for automations. The built in app only let me have the blinds at open or close...

1 Like

:point_up: This for me as well

1 Like

I'll gladly change, off to download :grin:

1 Like

Try this work around to remove
Bond Integration built-in app. How to remove device? - :toolbox: Built-In Apps and Drivers / Built-in Apps - Hubitat

Yeah, it's really unfortunate that the official integration has kinda fallen by the wayside... I'm lucky that Bryan's last update fixed what little I need from the integration, but there's pretty obviously more that could be done to beef it up as it's lacking parity with the community integration.

But I don't think anyone (community dev) has picked up the community app's care & feeding since Dominic left the platform, so while it's still working AFAIK, I think it's a ship w/out a captain.

1 Like

Sorry, but I don't want a workaround. I want a built in app to work the way it's supposed to. I don't think that is too much to ask.

2 Likes

Just a note, it appears today's update with Bond fixes did not resolve this issue. I still cannot remove orphaned bond devices.

See above for how to remove childs with a custom driver