Zooz Zen32 local buttons don't transmit after OTA firmware 10.30

I just updated two Zooz Zen32 scene controllers to 10.30 to get the parameter 23 feature that prevents LED flicker when using setLED. Now none of the scene buttons transmit (I think). They don't show up in logs when in debug mode.

I can still interact with the device through its devices page. I can also 'press' the buttons through the device configuration page and rules work properly, including setting the LEDs to the correct colors.

I also downloaded the Community Driver ([RELEASE] Zooz ZEN32 Scene Controller (community driver) - #12 by jtp10181) which works through Hubitat pages but still, the scene buttons aren't seen by Hubitat.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Some devices, in particular many Zooz devices, require re-pairing after firmware updates. I'd try that first, using either the Z-Wave "Replace" feature or the newer Settings > Swap Apps Device feature to make replacing it easier than manually swapping it out in all apps/drivers (assuming you have it in use by any). You just can't use the current hub to exclude it, but you'll need either a general exclusion (from another controller) or a factory reset of the ZEN32 to make it include-able again.

1 Like

I wasn't aware of the Replace feature or Settings > Swap Apps Device. I will try that on other devices.

I did an exclude and re-included it in my network, It required updating a few rules but quickly got back to 'normal.

I have actually found most of the Zooz devices DO NOT need to be paired again after updating. The only issue they have is the lifeline association gets wiped out. This would explain it as it sounds like you could send commands to the device and it would do the action (change LOED colors) but the device did not respond back. This is because it did not know where to send the response (due to missing lifeline association). Many drivers if you press configure will set this again (not sure if the ZEN32 driver does). I also built the feature into another tool I have worked on:

For any devices using my own published drivers I have the Association settings built into the Configure option. So what I do is keep the device page open with all the settings on it while I do the firmware update. This way if the settings get reset from the update I can set them back to the device right away. After the update I give the device a minute to restart then press configure to reconfigure the device how it was before. This may work on other drivers as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.