Z-Wave plus device not updating

S2 Authenticated, Z-Wave Plus metered switch. GE 40 Amp Smart Switch.
Device receives command to turn on by automated command that comes through Homebridge and registers as event: Command-on. However, the device status does not change. I clicked refresh inside the Edit Device page about 20 minutes later and it change status from Off to the correct status "on.
I then sent another homebridge command to turn it off, which it does. But again, the zwave status inside Hubitat and the Edit device page states it is still On. I clicked Refresh and it changed nothing.
This specific device has an auto-shut off rule to turn off after 30 minutes. Even though it was already off, it still showed as "On" till the designated event to turn it off. Why is z-wave status not accurate? Under z-wave details, it says it has 6 routes.

What Driver/Type is it set to on the device page?

Driver: GE 40 Amp Smart switch
It executes the commands coming from Homebridge or Alexa, etc. but it doesn't update the device state. Sometimes the refresh button in the device Edit page updates the state and sometimes is doesn't.
So in the screenshot attached, the "On" command was sent at 5:17 pm. Device status did not change to On.
Device status changed to "On" when I sent the Off command at 5:39 pm but device did turn Off.
Device status changed to "Off" when the rule to turn it off reached it's 30 min wait trigger even though it was already Off.

Hm, unfortunately none of their docs list the command classes used or the parameter settings.

Can you post a screenshot of the zwave details page?

1 Like

I poked around in their manual.
It's mentions, like, 4 parameters, nothing that sounds likely.
How about this switch though?

@user3539

Can you also post a screenshot for the entire device page for GE 40A Smart Switch? I am especially interested in the Device Details section.

I didn't change anything physically on this device since installation over 2 years ago. This never happened with Smarthings Hub. This is hub software issue with Hubitat.

I don't have a Z-wave Update button as I applied my update right after purchasing the Hubitat hub. I also have no ghost devices.

Can you uncover the data section in the pic above. There is no personally identifying data in there. The data produced in that section are by the switch itself and we need to see it to diagnose.

1 Like

Right but if we see the z-wave details page we might spot contributing issues.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t care about ghosts. Want to see the entire mesh. I can read that details page like a book.

2 Likes

I also have Z-Wave polling running for;
Entrance Chandelier
Entryway Light
Kitchen Light

Just to add that this has been working flawlessly for 5 months. Nothing new has been introduced into this mesh besides Hubitat firmware updates.

Looks pretty solid, but small.
How long was the hub up in that shot?

The kitchen light and entryway light have a really long RTT, mine are all mostly single digits, and I have a lot more devices.

I just had a thought, the symptoms you have is what would happen if the lifeline association is missing. You could try using this driver to set it using the built in command. Turn on debug logging and run it, should see in the logs it will come back with the current association, should be [1]. Here is Driver: [RELEASE] Z-Wave Universal Device Scanner

Another thing you could try is pairing it without security. It really should not matter but its worth a short if nothing else will work.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.