Latest Z-Wave Tweaker/Z-Wave Tool?

@jtp10181 , is there a new version of your early z-wave tweaker, or z-wave tool? I thought I read there was, but can't find it. Thanks.

My tale:
Last night, looking at z-wave details, thought I'd 'fix' a slow connection.
Wound up excluding a switch and re-included using app swap-no problem.
Alas, I forgot that it was associated with a door contact sensor.
So, today, there's the 6-second delay, discussed recently, symptomatic of no hub z-wave radio comms, and just device to device communication.
Using your tweaker device, and in part the basic z-wave tool, I was able to determine which devices were associated and then, un-associated them.
I have another association, in the basement, that I'm going to see if I can live without.
Hopefully, I don't have another one or two still lurking.
It's not worth the hassle, especially with the delay.
Thanks.

I found this, but haven't tried it yet:

I have not added association stuff to the scanner tool yet. I want to eventually incorporate everything form the "tweaker" tool into the scanner. For now, here is the old tweaker tool which can set and remove associations: [BETA] ZWave Tweaker port from ST

1 Like

Yes, I discovered that.
I just removed three associated with a door contact with the tweaker.
There's always some red stuff with Java in the message in logs, so I made sure they were removed with the basic tool.
Basic tool is decimal, while tweaker is hex, and hex is what you need.
Now to search out a couple more associations in the basement.

Yeah battery devices are especially fun. I do have in my line of ideas to have the scanner support battery devices properly as well, where it will wait for it to wake up then send the commands. Lots of ideas, not enough time and motiviation.

On the latest, when I scan assoc groups, it's only giving me info for group 1 (lifeline). 10 times the same. I know there's an association based on the basic tool, but would like to see it as well in tweaker.
got it: had to print assoc scan.

Sometimes in that tweaker app you have to press the cleanup button, refresh the page, set your association groups in the settings again, save, then scan. Also, are you setting the groups to scan in the settings then saving?

Somewhere in there is gets messed up and stops working right after you use some of the functions so I had to clear it and try again to get it to work.

I think I have it working.
Does group 2 need to be associated with node 01 (hub)?
I noticed group 3, dimming, is.
I think it's working okay on my other effort.

Typically group 1 (lifeline) will get ALL reports sent to it. So if you have the hub in any other groups it would get duplicated messages, which could cause issues or just logging spam depending on the driver. Should only need the hub in group 1.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.