Z-Wave data missing after Swap Apps Device

Ran into a weird issue as I was going through my S2 switches and re-including them without security. Steps:

• Factory Reset the switch
  • Run Z-Wave inclusion, without security
  • Use Swap Apps Device to replace old device with new one
  • Delete old Z-Wave node (Usually needs a couple of refreshes before remove button shows up)
  • Delete old device
  • Rename new device to match old name

Everything is good, new device has all the correct information - then I reboot the hub, and all the properties from the "Data" sections are gone except for "zwNodeInfo". So all the devices no longer have their manufacturer name attached, firmware version, etc.
Definitely reproducible on my C7 with 2.3.4.153. So far the issue seems mostly cosmetic, but I'm not 100% sure.

Some of the devices, like Jasco switches, can be fixed by changing the driver type to "Device", deleting state data, then changing the driver back, and hitting "configure".
However, I still have a few devices (from Zooz and Leviton) that cannot be fixed this way.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

Thanks!

Try pressing the "Get Info" button on the device driver, it should restore some of it.
Or my scanner driver does a little more aggressive of getting the info from the device with the same Get Info command: [RELEASE] Z-Wave Universal Device Scanner

I dont know if there is way to get the inClusters back by scanning the device, probably is but I have not added it yet.

@gopher.ny this is the 3rd time across two posts I have seen this reported.

Here is the other post: Missing Devices after swapping

1 Like

Noted, will try to reproduce.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.