Anyone have a suggestion for driver on "New One Z-wave smart plug"?

I got a Z-wave plus smart outlet from "New One" (model N4003) which when I selected while setting up in Hubitat, it chose the Minoston Mini Power Meter Plug driver. That seemed to work OK at first, but soon I received lots of errors in the log, which eventually caused my Hubitat to hang:

dev:6822022-12-31 08:00:01.154 AMerrorcom.hubitat.app.exception.LimitExceededException: Too many events pending processing for DEVICE true on line 115 (method parse)

dev:6822022-12-31 08:00:01.022 AMerrorcom.hubitat.app.exception.LimitExceededException: Too many events pending processing for DEVICE true on line 115 (method parse)

dev:6822022-12-31 08:00:00.973 AMerrorcom.hubitat.app.exception.LimitExceededException: Too many events pending processing for DEVICE true on line 115 (method parse)

dev:6822022-12-31 08:00:00.954 AMerrorcom.hubitat.app.exception.LimitExceededException: Too many events pending processing for DEVICE true on line 115 (method parse)

dev:6822022-12-31 08:00:00.851 AMerrorcom.hubitat.app.exception.LimitExceededException: Too many events pending processing for DEVICE true on line 115 (method parse)

dev:6822022-12-31 08:00:00.831 AMerrorcom.hubitat.app.exception.LimitExceededException: Too many events pending processing for DEVICE true on line 115 (method parse)

I changed the power reporting interval preference to 10 minutes in the device page, and added it to an action in Rule Machine 5.1 (that has actually never triggered), but otherwise it's not involved in any automation.

I switched it to the Generic Z-wave Outlet, and it works fine, but there is not power monitoring on that driver. Does anyone have a suggestion for a driver that works with this device, and includes power monitoring?

When you changed the driver did you click configure?

Ran into this in another thread where someone tried my ZEN04 driver on this device and it seemed to work well. You will just to make some simple edits to the code to enable all the power features. I plan to fix this in the future so the power reporting is not hard coded to only work for the ZEN04 and can be used on other devices.

Here is the other thread: Zooz Zen04 Smart Plug Driver and Newone N4003

Here is my driver: [DRIVER] Zooz Smart Plugs Advanced (ZEN04, ZEN05, ZEN14, ZEN15, ZEN20, ZEN25)

I will post another reply with the edits to make to enable all the power features.

This driver might also possibly work well

1 Like

I posted it on a Gist so it would be easier. It is just two small edits that will unlock all the power reporting for an unsupported/unknown device.
Zooz ZEN Plugs driver with power reporting unlocked so it can be used on third party devices · GitHub

1 Like

This looks good, I'll check it out and report back.

Thanks for the help!

I posted the other thread about the NewOne N4003. I seem to have the same excessive reporting as you're having. Unfortunately, from the data sheet, it insists on reporting every 5 to 50 Watts (settable). I set mine to 50 Watts but it still generates too many reports. The interval setting (10 min seems to only apply if the device hasn't reported for that long. It has no effect on the wattage delta reporting.

Currently, I'm using the built-in Zooz Power Switch which allows you to reset the accumulated values and exposes the various attributes. It doesn't stop the excessive reporting, at least for me.

Edit: I think it defaults to a 5 Watt change so if you put an illegal value it will default to 5 Watts. It won't accept values over 50 Watts, IOW.

Here's my setup:

The parameters you think you are setting using the ZEN15 driver are probably not matching with the same parameters on your device unless it is clone of the ZEN15 released under a different name. Which it clearly is not: https://newonesmarthome.com/products/newone-z-wave-plug-smart-outlet-with-electricity-monitoring-z-wave-hub-required-work-with-wink-smartthings-vera-fibaro-more

So I would be very cautious doing that. You are possibly setting unknown parameters to random values and making it worse. That is why my driver hides all the parameters if it does not know what device it is on.

My ZEN04 driver has a reset command also.

Also on my ZEN04 driver I blocked the "low" values from being set to 0, because they are pretty useless when they all show 0.

I hear what you're saying but I do have the data sheet so I could go and check what's what. That said, the resets are resetting the values and other parameters seems to be reporting as expected so I'm not too worried. Rule 1 If it works don't fix it.

I'm attaching the data sheet from the plug here so you can verify that very information for your driver.

Ok that's helpful, it does look like it should support the command classes for my zwave scanner to pull in and present all the settings [RELEASE] Z-Wave Universal Device Scanner

You really need to stop trying to set parameters using the ZEN15 driver. They are not doing what you think they are doing. Two examples I spot checked:

LED Indicator and Power Wattage reporting threshold
You can check the parameter # on ZEN15 on this doc: https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/616-zen15-power-switch-ver-1-06-advanced-settings/

N4003 LED is parameter 1
Zen15 LED is parameter 27

N4003 Power reporting is parameter 5
ZEN15 power reporting is parameter 151

Luckily due to the very high and odd parameter numbers the ZEN15 uses it is most likely that you have not changed any settings on your device (potentially to very bad settings).

If you want to actually change the Power Reporting on your device you will need to use my ZEN04 driver, the Basic Zwave Tool, or my universal Scanner I linked above.

There are three values you need, the parameter number, size and value

Value can be 5-50 in this example.

That would look like this on my ZEN04 driver:

1 Like

@MajorEvent also since you are using the energy info and resetting, it is important for you to have the "duration" as an attribute? Only way this would be useful is if you wanted to have a rule or something that waited for it to be X days old and then reset it. I am thinking the more logical path would be just to reset on the 1st of each month or something.

I am tracking the duration in my driver but I decided to put as a state variable since I did not think it was useful as an attribute (current state).

I had already used your driver to poke the Wattage delta parameter value so maybe that's why its reporting at that value (50 Watts) since the default is 5 Watts.

The driver I'm using also has a duration value under current states.

I'm basically resetting the same day the power company reads the meter. It's stated on the bill but usually the same day every other month.

Of course, I'll be checking out your driver considering your effort to accommodate our needs. :wink:

This might be useful too

*deviceId: **16387**
* deviceModel: **UNK00**
* deviceType: **44033**
* firmwareVersion: **1.00**
* inClusters: **0x5E,0x25,0x70,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x32,0x71,0x55,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x87,0x73,0x9F,0x6C,0x7A**
* manufacturer: **786**
* serialNumber: **2C1165FFFEFF0E9B**
* zwNodeInfo: **D3 9C 00 04 10 00 5E 25 70 85 5C 8E 59 32 71 55 86 72 5A 87 73 9F 6C 7A 68 23**

@BrianP I published an updated driver to HPM that should work universially for power metering plugs. Let me know how it works.

1 Like

I just set this driver up on my NewOne N4003.

So far, so good--I'll see if it works better than the built-in driver. I've set the parameters to only update once per 60 minutes, and only after large changes. The other one was way too chatty, I think.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.