Driver for Heiman Z-Wave Gas detector

Hi,

I am looking for Heiman Z-Wave Plus Gas detector, model HS1CG-Z drivers.

• deviceId: 4096
  • deviceType: 32771
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x55,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x9F,0x71,0x6C
  • manufacturer: 608

Its not on the compatible devices list, just the zigbee version.

Can you set the driver/type to "Device" and then do a test cycle on the device (I assume it has one?). I think that should generate some logs, please post a screenshot of the logs. That will clue me in as to what kind of notifications is it sending. If it is properly following the current zwave specs I should be able to make a driver for it. I have a generic "sensor" driver I created before I can use as a base to build from.

You will need to join the owners group before you can post images: Hub owners - Hubitat

Hi,

the only log I get is this:

I found one driver: https://github.com/RaulNo7/Hubitat/blob/main/Hubitat_Heiman_ZWave_gas_detector

that is probably derivation from Zigbee driver for same device: https://github.com/lgkahn/hubitat/blob/master/homeygas.groovy

but unfortunately it does not work properly. When I press test button nothing happened. But when I plug detector into wall socket I immediately receive Current Status: "gas: detected". This status stay forever.

regards

B.

Ok sorry can you try/do one more thing. Install and switch to this driver: [RELEASE] Z-Wave Universal Device Scanner

Set the logging to debug logging.
Sounds like it sends a notification when you plug it in, so unplug and the re-plug it. Should get some debug logs from the alert.

Also try the test button. It is possible the device does not alert the hub when a test is done.

In the meantime I can look into the zwave space and start preparing a driver to handle it assuming this device follows current specs.

UPDATE: I looked up the spec and got that coded into a driver based on a smoke/co one I worked on, but it sounds like this device plugs in? My other sensor drivers are for battery devices so I need to do a little more adjusting to handle a plugged in device.

1 Like

Hi,

this is what I got from logging:

1 Like

Hmm, it seems it just keeps reporting gas is detected but never reports in that it is clear.

The manual says when you plug it in you need to let it warm up (I assume so it can calibrate). The LED will be flashing. It says NOT to try to test it while this is happening. I would be curious to see if it eventually sends a cleared notification after it warms up and LED is solid green. Would need debug logging on to see the message. It should be another NotificationReport, type 18 still but event would be 0.

If it never sends a clear message maybe yours is defective?

Might be defective. Thank you anyway.

I reviewed that other driver you posted it looks like it should catch the clear alerts so if you left it sit for a while and it never cleared then it may be defective or expired. If this uses the same tech as portable gas detectors used in service work the sensors go bad after a while (I used to use one daily).