Whelp...I decided to stop mooching and to take a stab at writing an app. This will hopefully be both a beneficial learning experience for me and a benefit to the community. My intent is to grow this app over time to include more sensors.
What is this?
A, hopefully, lightweight app that will allow the user to group together sensors.
What's special about that?
This app will update the created virtual device with aggregate counts and status. All device group apps have a configurable threshold. This will allow the user to set how many devices will need to be in the active state (e.g. active motion/smoke detected/contact open, etc.) before the virtual device is updated. Full feature list:
- Custom attributes to give a snapshot status of the grouped devices
- Configurable thresholds of how many sensors need to trigger before the virtual device is triggered
- Provides a list of triggered devices. The list is provided as a custom attribute (string type) and is part of the status change event for the virtual device to be used as the %text% variable for RM.
- Can be nested.
Supported Capabilities That Can Be Monitored
- CO Detector
- Power Meter
- Pressure Sensor
- Smoke Detector
- Switches (should also include most bulbs)
- Water Leak Detector
NOTE: Min/max/avg readings for humidity, lux, and temperature are for the group at that point in time. An example for humidity; sensor1 at 50, sensor2 at 60 and sensor3 at 70;
- min - 50
- max - 70
- avg - 60
Can be installed using HPM; just search for "Sensor Groups+"
- Fully modular, so only the sensor apps needed can be installed.
Manual installation requires the parent app, along with the child apps and the omnisensor driver. All code can be found in my GitHub repo.