What is this?
A device driver for integrating Bambu Labs 3D Printers
Can be installed using HPM; just search for "Bambu Labs Printers".
Manual installation requires the parent and child drivers. All code can be found in my GitHub repo .
- Install the driver.
- Create a virtual device using the "BambuLabs" device type.
- On the device page, enter your IP address and access code* for the printer, and hit Save.
* The access code can be found on the network settings page on the printer. You may need to toggle "LAN mode" on to generate the code, but it can be turned back off.
The driver will connect to the MQTT server on the printer and automatically pull attribute information. The attributes are updated based on the set polling frequency using the "Attribute Update Schedule" command.
- Set chamber fan speed
- Set aux fan speed
- Set part cooling fan speed
- Set nozzle temperature
- Set the bed temperature
- Toggle the bar light on/off (X1/X1C)
- Toggle the toolhead logo light on/off
- Unload filament
The following will be populated:
- Bed temperature
- Nozzle temperature
- Fan speeds
- Can be used with [Project][BETA] Device Health Status to monitor connectivity status.
- Has the presence/healthStatus attributes for monitoring the connection status in Rule Machine.
- An option to automatically attempt to reconnect. This will run every few seconds, but there's a 1 minute timeout built into the MQTT connection. So, the reconnection attempt will happen every ~1 minute. Advised to disable this option if you plan to kill power between prints.
- All commands can be used through Rule Machine using the "Custom Action" and "Actuator" capability. Anything that takes a parameter (fan speeds, temps) are 'type' of 'number'.