Let's talk 3D printers!

My understanding is that it'll be something along the lines of "useful home automation ideas for your 3D printer (running Klipper and hopefully for Bambu labs too) using Hubitat Integrations".

:raised_hand: I have an ams, but I’m using the Home Assistant integration at the moment.

1 Like

5 second update interval:

30 second update interval:

My plan tonight is to work on unifying the fan speed stuff and getting this into HPM. I'll start up a new thread when I do and cross-post the link here.

2 Likes

The 5 second interval hurts to look at, but the 30 second is looking really good!

Probably good we start a new thread, sorry to everyone we have been Bambu spamming this one lately!

On a side note, I think by the time the weekend is over I will be out of things to print! The X1C prints ABS so well, I've had a couple files on my desktop for months that I have ignored, and they are printing right now! Luckily, I have a few other ideas of things to print, but they may take some design time to be ready to go.

Nice work!

Here we go:

4 Likes

Nice one! I've let Michael from TT know about it - hopefully he'll cover it in his upcoming video.

Ha! I'm just hoping it works for someone besides me. Let him know I'm open to feedback.

1 Like

Will do. :+1:

I'll give it a shot tonight / tomorrow and see how things go! Thanks again for all the hard work putting this together

Not 3D printing related, but I always enjoy seeing a fellow splunk user. I similarly have a splunk driver to send off some data.

Splunk is an amazing tool, but it's incredibly expensive to run (iirc they charge on the volume of ingested data), how do you justify it?

It's free for <100 mb per day

2 Likes

What he said, although the free license is good for 500mb a day. Their enterprise licenses do charge based on ingestion volume, but a lot of the tools in that space charge that way (but I digress…)

2 Likes

That's it. I just know I'm under it :joy:

1 Like

Ah, I wasn't aware they had a free license. :+1:

DAMN YOU GUYS!!!!
I have had a PrinterBot Plus for about 10 years?, paid a pretty penny for it, and never had very good luck with it.
I added auto level, modded the firmware in the controller for it, added a laser cutter, added a ventilation system with charcoal filters to it, and......

it sits on a shelf.

YOU GUYS HAVE TALKED ME INTO A SOLOV SV05!!!!
I am going to bit the bullet and get one off Amazon (297).

I just want something with auto leveling, I don't like the print head slewing (causes alot of vibration), and is somewhat faster.

I used Repetier and am pretty familiar with it for the PrinterBot, but I guess they all are pretty much the same?

Talk me out of the printer!...... Thanks @danabw !

3 Likes

....WELLL.... I am going to hold on though. The Solov reviews on Amazon aren't that good, so I am going to investigate further.
Any recommendations?

The problem with customer reviews for 3D printers on Amazon, is that most of them are from n00bs who have no idea what they are doing.

2 Likes

Most of my problems were in the learning curve. For example, I built an enclosure for my Elegoo Neptune X printer. It held so much heat that the PLA filament softened before it got to the print head and then the nozzle clogged. That happened twice and then I figured out what I was doing wrong. I did not complain that the printer was no good. Now that I am familiar with it, I have been printing with few problems. I did find that the PEI bed cover needs to be washed periodically to keep things sticking properly. Other than that, I did the auto level, but I don't do so every time. It seems to hold. If I were to change nozzles, I would then do the auto-level and get the Z offset right for that nozzle. Otherwise, I just print and things go well.

1 Like