Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

Driver Capabilities

• Battery
  • Power Source
  • Relative Humidity Measuremennt
  • Temperature Measurement
  • Thermostat (obviously)

Advanced Features

• Clock Synchronization (regularly scheduled clock synchronization to prevent clock drift)
  • Access to all 42 configuration options - This thing does a lot! And you won't have to keep scrolling through the on screen menus to set it all.
  • Power Source monitoring for power failure (when utilizing c-wire and battery backup)

Coming Soon

• External temperature probe support (could be used for interior remote, or exterior temperature) Supported by official honeywell part and terminals on the thermostat.

Feature Requests

You tell me what you want this thing to do..

Changelog:

V1.0: 2020-04-18

• Initial Release

V1.1: 2020-05-03

• Fix for event unit in setpoints
  • physical vs digital events

V1.2

• Add sensorCal command and attribute
11 Likes

3 Likes

Zwave firmware update and now this!!!! You are rocking and rolling!

Thanks! It the thermostats we use

3 Likes

Awesome.. Was beginning to wonder if anyone else used this device :rofl: :partying_face:

3 Likes

We got our off EBay open brand new open box for 60 last month.

Still running great for us.

1 Like

Nice.. I got one off ebay for $80 and another off amazon for $120 if I remember correctly

2 Likes

I have the external temperature probe coming in monday.. So I will most likely have another update then..

2 Likes

The driver works great! As a test, I changed several parameters - everything worked. The only thing that I'm not sure worked is setting the time.

1 Like

It does.. It is automated and runs periodically to catch clock drift.. It syncs with hubitat time

2 Likes

I’m excited to see what I can do with the outdoor temperature probe..

Honeywell C7089U1006 Outdoor Temperature Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000979ERY/

1 Like

Yeah - I might get my AC guy to install that later this year. Right now I'm using Darksky to get the outdoor temperature to control my thermostat (switch between heat/cool mode). Darksky is going away in 2021. So this seems like a good idea!

1 Like

The only thing I couldn’t get it to do automatically.. Was get an initial powersource.. It will only send it on a change.. So I had to disconnect mine from power let it switch to battery and the plug it back in..

It sends mains status only on a change.. it refuses to let me query it

1 Like

Yeah I pulled it off the wall and put it back on after changing drivers and not seeing the power source show up . That was dumb luck.

But look when I convert the epoch time to human time for lastClockSet, it shows up as sometime in December of 2019 .....

That don't seem right if the clock is being synced with Hubitat time periodically. I'll check again in the morning.

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 10.45.04 PM

1 Like

Those are not my state variables .. Guess the driver you had before did sync clock

1 Like

Generic Zwave thermostat driver ....

1 Like

I need to start clearing out old driver states in my initial setup

1 Like

Been rock solid.. I put it in place and in use immediately after posting the release.. My biggest thing is having the operating states accurate and on time, as my zone temperature control relies on it.. I have a thermostat in every room now, got rid of my unreliable and quirky centralites.. I am all z-wave with Honeywell and GoControl both my drivers

1 Like

Thanks for this! It looks like a very comprehensive driver.

Except :grimacing: , I didn’t see a switch for the advanced temp reporting in the screenshots. If it’s not there, then that would make a good feature request.

And if I may be a bit direct (I’m new here, and I certainly don’t want to appear ungrateful to you or all the other devs who do great works,) I’m a little apprehensive to install this right away. Most of those settings are buried for a reason. They’re either set-it-and-forget-it or meant to be accessed so infrequently that the machinations to get to them are an acceptable speed bump to keep the average person out. Now, very few -if any-, would cause actual system damage, but they could cause the system to not function correctly or as efficiently. This is totally my own foible, but I don’t like having those settings exposed. I know the correct response to that is “that’s nice. Don’t use it,” but I thought I’d add my perspective.

1 Like

I didn’t see (in the cert) a way to do that through z-wave commands.. But if I find a way.. I’ll add it.. For now that is the only thing you need to set on the screen

The driver supports the advanced temp reports .. Just can’t turn it on yet

1 Like

When you hit configure on my driver, it will read in the settings from the device and set the driver preference values to what is stored in the device..

So you won’t accidentally wipe out what it is currently doing.. Also the driver defaults for these settings is the device documented defaults.. I took great care to make it safe but still give the user full control

2 Likes