[RELEASE] Advanced GoControl GC-TBZ48 Thermostat Driver

Both fixed.. v1.4

In case you don't have it, and want it, this is the most correct listing of parameter descriptions I could find.

http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=en&sku=GC-TBZ48L&cert=ZC10-17055590

(there is also a link to the actual maunfacturers manual near the top of the page)

1 Like

Yea.. I actually flipped back and forth.. But obviously missed a couple things.. Glad others are finally using it to identify these things..

1 Like

Heck, I'm not throwing stones. If that is the worst "mistake" you made, you are doing a lot better than me. lol

In any case, I bet this is the last version. I can't think of anything left I haven't gone through in terms of text or function. Nice job!

2 Likes

I wish these thermostats were... umm... prettier. I'd like to kick the nest to the curb.

2 Likes

Check out the honeywell T6 pro ..

You spend a lot of time looking at your thermostat? Not sure why it would matter that much. :wink:

But all kidding aside, they aren't "attractive" or "flashy", that's for sure! I wouldn't call them "ugly"... But maybe "plain".

1 Like

I agree it doesn't really look great. Maybe a tad bit on the "ugly" side... I ended up going for the RCS-branded version: RCS TBZ48. This version has a more squared-off body and rectangular buttons. I think that's enough to push it ever so slightly from "ugly" to the very middle of "neutral" or "nondescript". From what I can tell, it behaves identically. <$30 on ebay

https://rcstechnology.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/z-wave_communicating_thermostat-TBZ48.pdf

1 Like

T6 Pro does looks much better - thanks. :+1:

1 Like

Hi @bcopeland, any thoughts on how to add a 'last changed by' attribute?

The optional attribute could be populated by apps so you could see what app made the change responsible for the current settings.

Real reason I want it is to possibly deduce that if the field isn't populated by an app, then a setpoint change was invoked physically at the device and downstream app logic could take that into account.

ie. set up Rule Machine to use thermostat schedules unless the temperature was physically changed at the device. Then use those setpoints for X hours and then resume accepting setpoint changes by apps.

I might try this in the driver code myself but thought I would run it by you first.

something like:

attribute "lastChangedBy", "string"

that can get set/reset every time a setpoint change is made?

Am i making sense?

edit: spelling

1 Like

Would physical vs digital on the event type satisfy this?

sorry, was racing off to find out where event type is :sweat_smile:

I guess as long as Rule Machine/app code can find it that would work?

1 Like

I think it can. It’s pretty standard for switches and dimmers and such.. I can add the code in there to handle this..

I prefer sticking to established standards as much as possible..

understood, I can appreciate that 100%.

no rush at all - thx!

1 Like

Done.. V1.5 pushed to my github..

Also noticed and fixed a bug in the setpoint unit event reporting ..

2 Likes

SWEET! - thx for getting to it so quickly.

Cheers! :beers:

1 Like

Nice, I was going to suggest that the other day, but forgot. It isn't as useful on a thermostat as it is on a swich, but is nice to have in the events at times.

2 Likes

Yea.. I'm going to go back and add it to my Honeywell driver too

Has anyone tried changing the "C Delta Stage 1 ON" setting to 1 (which the manual says is the default)?

I can't do it. If I change it to 1, it just pops back to 2. It will take 2 and above, but not 1. That is true if I use Basic Zwave Tool, too though. Maybe the manual is wrong and the min is really 2, not 1?

Just checked my Gocontrol. The "C Delta Stage 1 on" is showing "1"