Drivers by bcopeland Bio

Drivers by @bcopeland

I wanted to create a post that highlights all my projects and provide some overall documentation. I will continue to update this list as I add drivers.

Driver List

Aeon-Labs

Aeotec:

Everspring:

GoControl:

HomeSeer:

Honeywell:

Inovelli:

Remotec

RGBGenie:

Ring:

Wink

Zooz:

Utility Drivers:

Coming Soon:

Nexia

• NX1000

Ring Alarm

• Gen 2

Wink

• Siren / Chime

Zooz

• ZEN31
  • ZSE19

Standards

Device Data

Standardized on all my drivers, in the device data section:

• firmwareVersion
  • hardwareVersion
  • protocolVersion
  • serialNumber (on devices that report this)
  • associations (on devices / drivers that utilize this)

Reduced Event Spam

My drivers now check for duplicate events to reduce event spam. I do this to prevent duplicate firing automations, there is no reason to send an event with the same data.

About Me

Network Engineer by day, HA developer by night.. I'm always looking for a challenge.. Hit me up with requests.. My goal is for HE to have drivers for everything!

I don't always post releases on everything I do.. Just what I consider complete projects. But I always publish, on github, code that I use.. So follow me on github, you might find something that will help you.

GitHub Contributions

39 Likes

You've been on a roll lately, keep it up

1 Like

Thanks @morningz

Holy cow.. Thanks @aaiyar any requests?

2 Likes

Nah dude - just keep doing what you're doing.

3 Likes

Thanks @JB_TX any requests?

1 Like

Very cool, I like that nice and easy to see what you have done, keep the apps and drivers coming.

2 Likes

Yea.. it was even getting hard for me to keep track.. so I thought this would make it easier.. I even linked this to my profile as a featured post to make it easy..

1 Like

Nope! Keep on keeping on.

I will be interested to see the V2 Ring stuff. Not that I feel any urge to upgrade my V1 Range Extender, but wondering if there are any worthwhile changes, or if they are just updating the look. The V2 Range Extender is ~1/2" thicker for some reason, and slightly larger in the other dimensions.. (The increased thickness means it probably wouldn't work in my application.)

2 Likes

My shipment comes in this week.. So hopefully I'll have drivers soon

@AutomatedThoughts Thanks.. any requests?

@bjcowles Thanks... Any requests?

1 Like

@bcopeland I am very new to the Hubitat and all of the home automation stuff. I don't have any immediate requests, but I am sure I'll have plenty of questions along the way. Where would be a good place to learn the coding side of this environment?

2 Likes

No Sir.. feel free to apply it towards the other development necessity...coffee!

2 Likes

Learn most from others code..

But the https://docs.hubitat.com is a good place to start.. Let me know what I can do to get you started

2 Likes

I will only use the donations to buy devices that need driver work.. I don’t want there to end up being an income that I would have to claim.. But I think I am safe from the IRS if I keep records to show that I kept nothing and it all went to benefit the community..

4 Likes

Got it, thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks @LosinIt any requests?

Not at this time but I know where to find you.

2 Likes

Thanks @morningz any requests?

1 Like