Drivers by bcopeland Bio

Thanks @marktheknife any requeats? Hope this was the right Mark..

Sorry if the wrong person.. It just said mark

2 Likes

Yup, sorry about that, that was me :slight_smile:.

Just the zxt-120 I mentioned in one of your other threads. Happy to help test any code remotely, send one to you, etc.

I forgot to mention the zxt-600 is a newer version that’s z-wave plus. I know there’s several community members that have the zxt-120 but I’m not sure about the zxt-600.

Rock on :metal:.

2 Likes

You got it..

got one coming in.. This was the whole purpose of setting up ko-fi.. To buy devices that need drivers

4 Likes

Awesome. $45 is a decent price for one too. The ZXT-600 is going for $80 on amazon, which is ridiculous, but I guess that’s how it goes with niche products like these.

3 Likes

Pulled the docs down.. Looks like it is going to pretty simple.. A little quirky on "learning mode" but should be able to get it cleanly..

2 Likes

As long as you're looking for requests, I have a couple of Kwikset 910 z-wave locks that never seem to update their states. They are within 10 feet (no walls in between) of z-wave repeaters, so I don't think it is a signal strength issue. I wonder if a better driver could help. Or maybe there is a firmware update available that someone has...

1 Like

Z-wave plus or zigbee model? Scratch that saw you answered

There also appears to be many models.. Which model number do you have?

I think it's this one:
https://www.kwikset.com/support/productdetail/910-smartcode-traditional-electronic-deadbolt-with-zigbee-technology
But I believe all the 910's are the same except finish color style. I have an old controller laying around. The gears are stripped but the electronics are all there. PM an address where I can send it.

1 Like

Ok.. that's a zigbee one.. you mentioned z-wave ..

Then I pulled up the wrong one. Try this:
https://www.kwikset.com/support/productdetail/910-smartcode-traditional-electronic-deadbolt-with-z-wave-technology

1 Like

Ok... Are you using the built-in driver? Generic z-wave lock?

Yes

1 Like

Ok.. I have a 912 which and use this driver and haven't had any issues.. Can you go into a bit more detail on what you are experiencing?

OK. It seems to work if I lock and unlock electronically. But if I operate it with either the keypad or knob, it doesn't always update in HE. I can do a refresh, but even that doesn't always work. And if it's locked manually but still shows in HE as unlocked, a lock or unlock command seems to do nothing. Only repeated manual operations or occasionally a HE refresh will bring it back into sync.

I know this sounds like a weak signal, but one lock is 5 feet from HE with one wall separating. The other lock is in my garage, less than 10 feet from a Zooz double outlet and a GE z-wave switch.

Repeated z-wave repairs don't help.

1 Like

Ok.. I recommend turning on debug logging on the device page.. Then lock / unlock and screen shot the logs.. That will tell us if the device is not sending a message, or if the driver is not interpreting it

It shows I unlocked the lock manually - but didn't show I locked it manually. Then when I unlocked again, it did show unlocked. Then the lock action showed this time.

1 Like

It seems it didn’t send the message in question.. :thinking: That being the case a driver is not going to fix this...

Maybe first try to beat up kwikset for a firmware update.. We have an easy method for that now :wink:

2 Likes

I'll ask them. Thanks for your help. I've already used the updater for another device.

1 Like

Thanks @nkyspike any requests?

2 Likes