Drivers by bcopeland Bio

If i was selling electronics, the last word I'd be using to describe it is "fire" lol

It's a fire!... sale

3 Likes

Kinda reminds me of that samsung phone

Coming Soon:

Nexia

• NX1000

Remotec

• ZXT-120

Ring Alarm

• Gen 2

Zooz

• ZEN21
  • ZEN22
  • ZEN23
  • ZEN24
5 Likes

I have drivers for a lot of the 2nd generation Ring devices already. Let me know if you want me to post them. I probably won't do the keypad but I have the rest.

2 Likes

That’s up to you.. I’m still going to do it anyway because I need a complete set of drivers.. And I’m obsessive like that..

2 Likes

I'm a little the same way. It's taken me a while to get them to a point where I can release them though. I'll probably post them in github at least. I'll continue this discussion with you in a pm so I don't clutter the thread.

2 Likes

If you're ever willing to take a crack at getting one of these to work, I'd send you the one I have. It pairs to HE just fine but no driver = no capturing events.

6340420_sd

Stoked to see ZEN21 and 23's listed above, I've got 8-10 of them here in the house and like the idea of more flexibility with them

1 Like

Dan, I also have a 910 with the original “HomeConnect” zwave (non plus) card in it. It updates its status instantly, both from digital commands and manual control. Has always worked flawlessly. In my quest to upgrade my non plus devices to zwave plus I bought a newer plus version of the card for it, but it exhibits the same issues you’re talking about. I’ve gone back to the original card because I have routines that are triggered when the lock is unlocked manually. I’d be interested in seeing if something can be figured out with this. And I also want to thank @bcopeland for his excellent work. Just put the HS100+ motion sensor driver in use. Going to look through my box of random devices to see if I can find a driver challenge!

1 Like

Are the ring keypads (v1 or v2) actually capable of being paired with hubitat? I thought I remember reading something a while back that there was something unique with them that prevented them from pairing. Not sure if I’m misremembering though..

1 Like

Not at this time Sir, but thank you!

1 Like

have you tried this?

1 Like
1 Like

If you expect that to pile up, you should file as a 501c3 not-for-profit, keep records of all your purchases toward that end and donate the products when you're done. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They can pair but they will be difficult or impossible for most to use right now with the current state of our hubs not supporting Smart Inclusion or S2 and being horrible at including LSS roled devices. I'm nearly 100% positive the keypads are FLiRS devices. I can pair them to ST easily but on HE they only pair when forced into an "island" situation where they pair to a beaming repeater. It is probably the same issue that people who can't pair Z-Wave locks to HE are having. Incidentally, the Ring Motion Detector 2nd Gen definitely falls in this category as well. I was able to get it to pair about 3 out of 30 or more attempts. When it did pair successfully it paired unsuccessfully according to the LED indicator initially but somehow started responding after a few minutes anyway. They are a real pain.

My repository has an updated driver for the extender 1st and 2nd gen, contact sensor 1st and 2nd gen and motion sensor (separated into two drivers) if anybody is looking to use the 2nd gen devices now.

2 Likes

I was thinking of filing my ha stuff as independent contractor.. Then the stuff I buy for dev work will be business expenses

3 Likes

At that point .. I should be able to show a big loss.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I spent $600 on ring parts so far, for dev work.. Haven't used any of it personally yet..

2 Likes

Do you already do other work that you report as an independent contractor with a 1099 for income taxes?

1 Like

No.. Not currently.. I have in the past

I posted this in the previous thread, but it seems like the conversation has moved to this one, so I'll copy/paste it here as well.

My thermostat is a Trane XL850. I'm pretty much locked into it because it's proprietary. I would love to switch to Ecobee, but I digress. I am new to the Zwave world (only have 5 devices so far) so I don't know much about it, but apparently the thermostat has a built-in Nexia Hub.

I actually have the thermostat added to HE, but it just shows as a device and doesn't seem to do much or respond to anything. I tried the Generic Z-Wave Thermostat driver with no success. This is what shows in the data field for the device in case that's helpful.

• deviceType: 21560
  • inClusters: 0x86,0x98,0x21,0x72
  • deviceId: 13616
  • manufacturer: 139

fingerprint mfr:"008B", prod:"5438", deviceId:"3530", inClusters:"0x86,0x98,0x21,0x72"

I assume (maybe wrongly) that even if the device is non-functional for me, that by including it in HE it will at least act as a repeater.

@waterboysh

I realize your system is currently configured to use ComfortLink, but does it have to be? Do you have a variable speed furnace, a variable speed outdoor compressor, or both?

1 Like