v1.1

• Added importUrl

v1.2

• fix for null info log entry on lux report
  • add TXT Descriptive logging option

v1.3

• fix typo in preferences
6 Likes

I really don’t appreciate this. I was looking at these last month and the only reason I didn’t buy was a dedicated driver; what are you doing to me!

2 Likes

Would you rather me not have made this driver? :man_shrugging:

Hah, no appreciate your efforts, my pocket book is the one upset!

2 Likes

Anyone who thinks z-wave motion sensors are slow (just because they are z-wave)... Should really check this out.. It’s probably the fastest z-wave motion sensor I have seen..

I hear zooz has a fast one (according to their marketing).. I haven’t gotten one to try yet..

2 Likes

Based on the promise from @bcopeland I ordered one and it just arrived today. Thank you!

1 Like

Awesome.. Let me know if there are any issues

I will have to switch mine over to this driver to try it out. I will agree that these motion sensors are very quick to respond. Either in "local control" mode OR passing data to the Hubitat.

1 Like

The motion sensor on it is great. The lux sensor sucks though.

1 Like

Yea... It maxes out at 250.. But works for detecting dark/light.. More than just sunrise sunset.. Because when it gets dark from a bad storm, I like my exterior lights to come on

1 Like

Yeah that’s what my goal was. Unfortunately I still register around 230-240 during storms.

1 Like

Haven’t actually tried it outside yet.. Still on my dev bench

You beast! I was just mounting my HomeSeer floodlight sensor yesterday but got distracted. Now I have to finish the job!

1 Like

Changelog:
2020-05-03 - importURL

This has been running great since yesterday. Thanks!

Two very small things I've noticed though.

• in the states I have a null for firmwareVersion. Tried hitting 'Configure' but it didn't help.

• In the log, I get a blank 'info' line every 10 minutes even though logging is off. Lux is set to 10 minutes so I assume it has something to do with this interval.

Thanks!

1 Like

I put firmware versions in the device data section, it has firmware version, protocol version, hardware version, and serial number (on devices that report it)

This is standard for all my drivers

Yep.. That shouldn’t happen.. Going track it down.. Thanks for the report

Changelog:
v1.2

• fix for null info log entry on lux report
  • add TXT Descriptive logging option

@bptworld this should fix you up

1 Like

Got a theoretical question on a setup with this motion sensor. If I have zwave switches, could I wire the switch with the line and load tied together and to the line terminal on the switch, neutral still to normal terminal, and leave the load terminal unconnected, basically bypassing the switch for actual load switching and then have this motion sensor control actually powering the flood lights on and off? Would the switch still reports its on/off state to hubitat even though it’s no longer actually connected to a load? And then I could use that to augment the motion sensed control of the sensor?

1 Like

Yes.. I in fact I just guided a friend through this very setup.. So he could replace 3-way setups with dual smart dimmers (synced) ..

Yep.. and you could trigger with the on/off of the z-wave switch mirrored to the motion sensor, so you could manual override..

Yes

1 Like

Sweet. The idea clicked when I read about this sensor when I saw your driver post and it seemed in my head like it would all work. Thanks for confirmation!

Realizing that that idea will work, I think I’m going to apply the same concept to some ceiling fans. I have just setup the hampton bay ceiling fan controller in a couple fans so I can use the same idea there, wire two zwave wall switches for constant power and mirror one to the light child device and one to the fan child device. Could probably even make one a dimmer and use that for fan speed control by the mirror too, right?

1 Like