Honeywell T6 Zwave Thermostat

Hi Lev,

That interpretation is partly correct. Here is what happens:

If you pair in 24VAC mode and then shift to batteries, it continues to function in powered mode and will drain batteries.

On the other hand, if you pair in battery mode and then add 24VAC power, it will continue to function in battery mode - even though 24VAC is used for power. This is easy to verify. Simply pair it in battery mode, then add 24VAC power and pull the batteries. The thermostat will be fine and "Device Info" indicates it is in battery mode.

The thermostat doesn't lose its equipment settings when you exclude/include it. So should you decide to switch it to battery mode (with 24VAC power also connected) - it isn't that much of a hassle.

Hey @mrutenbeck, I think this is your model and I know you've seen it flood your logs with a bunch of current-temperature readings (not sure about the incorrect readings, just a bunch of repeated entries). Perhaps pairing it in "battery mode" instead of with 24V power (then secretly switching it back like above so you don't have to keep actually worrying about batteries) will work around these problems and keep your Z-Wave mesh a bit happier, as @aaiyar discovered.

I didn't have to do any of this, i put the batteries in, added ac power, then included it.
I've included excluded it several times so far with batteries in and under ac power, have not not seen any wonky reports...

@mike.maxwell

One difference is that I never had batteries in. Just AC power. Also - is there a way to check for differences in firmware version? Wondering if the thermostat firmware version you were sent is different than the one some of us seem to have received.

FWIW, working perfectly now. And no chattiness so far. And very responsive to commands from HE.

I'm a happy camper.

57%20PM

Wondering if the thermostat firmware version you were sent is different than the one some of us seem to have received.

I don't know if this will work for you but it might be worth a try.

[Honeywell Firmware](http://Wondering if the thermostat firmware version you were sent is different than the one some of us seem to have received.)

Sadly, with mode=Battery, still:

@mike.maxwell @lev @mrutenbeck

FYI - there are at least three firmware versions out there:

01.02:01.02
01.03:01.04
01.04:03.00 (this is the one my thermostat has)

Maybe some of the differences we're seeing are firmware related.

I had the same issue with the temperature reports and not staying in sync. @bertabcd1234 installed a driver for EM Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat that seemed to help somewhat and then later switched me to Radio Thermostat CT101 where itโ€™s been working well. I verified that I am running the 01.04.03.00 firmware @aaiyar. Iโ€™m going to try switching to battery mode to see how that works.

1 Like

here's the firmware versions from mine...

device: 01 04 03 00
zwave: 01.03.00.00

1 Like

Thanks, FWIW, my unit hasn't thrown any abnormal high temp readings.

to @mike.maxwell
I'm using the default zwave generic thermostat driver, software version:2.1.7.127
It's strange, it has worked fine, but suddenly, I've gotten the following error:

As well, even more mysterious is that there were no physical changes at the time of these errors in the log.
P.S. Happy New Year to You and Yours!
(with many thanks for all that you've done for Hubitat!)

Following this closely as I'm really interested in this thermostat due to the remote sensor capability! Hope to see these issues ironed out!

FYI, I use RM to control this thermostat using input from 8 external temp/hum sensors. Took a couple weeks to set it to work well. Should be possible to use the same logic to control any Hubitat-supported thermostat the same way. @waynespringer79 has described doing this with a Zen thermostat this a while back.

The biggest advantage of the Honeywell T6 is the breath of HVAC configurations supports - up to 3H/2C. I'm using it with a 2-stage HP with separate Aux and E sources.

That's good to know. I may have to look into this further but with the hub slow downs I've seen at times, I'm really trying to avoid having any critical devices, such as a thermostat, dependent on Hubitat for operating vs just additional features such as going into away mode. So the fact that the thermostat supports an external sensor means to me that the thermostat would continue functioning properly even if the hub is having a fit and can't reach the other sensors it may be referencing through rule machine.

I've recently gone as far as turning off the hub for a couple of days to determine what doesn't work without the hub. My thoughts are everything critical should work, like light swtiches, thermostat, locks, garage door, etc, I just lose the convenience of some of the automations like motion sensors, things happening automatically at certain times, etc. This is especially important when I'm out of town and the hub slows down and my wife can't operate anything.

For anyone who finds this on Google later, a driver has been released for this [RELEASE] Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

2 Likes

@bcopeland does it again... :guitar: :guitar:

1 Like

:eyes:

1 Like

Itโ€™s trending?

2 Likes

All @aaiyar's fault of course!!! Noticed a couple of posts about them so yeah maybe.

I own Pearls which are nice and functional and only use them for radiant floor heating. Really like the look of the T6s though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.