[NOT MAINTAINED] Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

@JB_TX

I can confirm that this happens for sure.

I've optimized the default settings for my 2-stage HP. For example, I like no more than 3 CPH for Stage 1 and no more than 2 CPH for stage 2 (to promote long cycles). Those settings transferred over when I changed drivers. There were others that came through as well.

1 Like

Both of those make sense. Thanks to you both (and to @bcopeland for the thoughtful architecture.)

3 Likes

Seems there is a bit of confusion on this as Honeywell makes several T6 pro versions..

The z-wave model is: TH6320ZW2003

They also make a wifi and a dumb one neither of those will work with this driver

1 Like

As an addition to this, the WiFi thermostat is branded as "Honeywell T6 Pro Smart thermostat", while the Z-Wave one is just "Honeywell T6 Pro thermostat". The non-connected one is just "Honeywell T6 Pro Programmable thermostat". I'd love to meet the marketing genius who came up with that ....

3 Likes

Ok.. This was anti-climatic .. I got my sensor and hooked it up.. enabled the outdoor sensor in settings.. and nothing happens.. Nothing on the screen and nothing sent from the device...

Not sure if I’m missing something yet..

1 Like

Huh - that's weird.

1 Like

Right?.. I expected something.. And it is supposed to report an error if it can’t read the sensor.. I see no error.. Just nothing..

2 Likes

Just checked Honeywell's page on that sensor - it is definitely compatible with the Honeywell T6 Pro

https://customer.honeywell.com/en-US/Pages/Product.aspx?cat=HonECC+Catalog&pid=C7089U1006/U#

I checked because someone posted this on the Amazon page for the sensor:

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 8.18.28 AM

1 Like

How depressing..

I was excited about the external temperature.. So what is the point? :man_shrugging:

Do you have a multimeter? Maybe the sensor is defective. It should have high resistance at low temp and low resistance at high temp.

1 Like

Looking at the documentation, including spec sheets and sell sheets, I think their docs are just poorly written. (Giving them the benefit of the doubt.)

It appears that the T6 only accepts an outdoor sensor for the purpose of controlling a dual-fuel (e.g heat pump and gas furnace) system. It uses outdoor temp in the stat to lock out the heat pump and engage the furnace (commonly called a fossil fuel kit when it’s a separate module in the furnace.)

Note that you can use a sensor indoors to supplement your stat. It doesn’t appear that you can display that temperature separately, either, but you can choose either the sensor, the stat, or an average of the two.

As the Amazon answer said, you can use (and display separately) an outdoor with the 8000-series models. And they do make a 8000-series stat with Z Wave. I don’t know anything about it other than it’s not nearly as elegant looking as the T6. Whether it has the features you need or not (including outdoor temp display for the ZW model) is a different matter altogether.

4 Likes

I’ll check.. Just hooked it up last night

2 Likes

Nice.. my second T6 got delivered today.. I really like the clean and intuitive UI of this device.. And the status reporting to the driver has been spot on and instant.. I had to do some workarounds to some buggy reporting from the gocontrol thermostats I have...

2 Likes

Not a single bug report.. This has been the smoothest release ever...

2 Likes

I have two of these, switched to the new driver in the 2.2.0 release (was running one I cobbled together a while back).

Working perfectly. Thanks Hubitat!

1 Like

Yup, I like it too. I would have purchased the Honeywell over the GoControl if they had a wider temperature sensor calibration range. -3..3 doesn't cut it for how I use that parameter.

2 Likes

Changelog:

V1.1: 2020-05-03

• Fix for event unit in setpoints
  • physical vs digital events

1 Like

Where do I get the latest version? Github showing last change was 15 days ago?

1 Like

Hang tight let me check maybe the push didn’t go through