This integration with app and drivers is designed to support:
- TAPO Bulbs, Plugs, Switches, and HUB
- TAPO HUB installed sensors
- TAPO Robovac
- KASA MATTER Plugs and Switches
- KASA Hub
The integration does not support:
- non-Matter KASA devices (different API and Protocol)
- KASA TRV (connects to TAPO Hub (need data)
- Other TAPO HUB devices not listed above (need data)
HUBITAT MATTER Implementation and this integration: This integration has some level of duplication with the Hubitat Matter Implementation. If you have a C-8 Hub, I recommend you try the Hubitat Matter and see if it is sufficient.
- If so, then delete that device from this installation.
- If not, delete that device from Hubitat Matter and use the capability herein.
- This should be rechecked periodically as the Hubitat team matures the Matter implementation.
Current Version: 2.3.7b.
a. Added TAPO Robovac control. Known issue: It does not yet support going to explicit areas as defined by Maps (RV30 vacs). Need data. NOTE: If upgrading for robovac, you must reset the Credentials in the App prior to installing. Otherwise, the install will fail.
Installation Instructions: https://github.com/DaveGut/tpLink_Hubitat/blob/main/Docs/TapoInstallation.md
Device Descriptions: https://github.com/DaveGut/tpLink_Hubitat/blob/main/Docs/TapoDevices.md
Update: Update works only from Version 2.3.6 and above. Update Process for 2.3.7:
- Update code for app and drivers.
- Run app and run Tapo Discovery (this will check for protocol changes).
- Assure you exit app normally. Sechedule app functions will NOT be initiated if you exit the app abnormally.