GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Motion Dimmer Driver
This is a driver for the GE Motion Dimmer device. It differs from the in-box driver in that it exposes all of the device parameters, and uses a parent/child structure to put the dimmer and motion sensors in their own child devices.
It has been tested with a GE 26933 motion dimmer.
- Configuration of button inversion variable.
- Configuration of motion and light parameters.
- Light Off Time, Motion sensor on/off, Motion sensitivity, Light Sensing for light ON/OFF, Motion Reset time, Dimmer steps/duration, Switch Mode
- Commands added for direct access to the following features:
- Default Dimmer Level - Can use this in rules (via custom commands in RM, for example) to set the default dimmer level. May be useful for mode/time based lighting where you want the light to come on a different level than the level it was at when it was turned off.
- Manual / Vacancy / Occupancy motion lighting modes. Can be used in rules (via custom commands in RM, for example) to put motion lighting in Manual mode at night for bedroom switches.
- Uses the in-box Dimmer and Motion Sensor component drivers for the child devices - no need to install additional drivers for those.
NOTE 1: Switch Mode simply makes the physical buttons work like a switch. And note that in that mode the physical buttons DO NOT obey the Default Dimmer Level - ON always = 100% level.
- Install Driver code in Hubitat
- Apply to a GE Motion Dimmer device. Click save.
- Edit preferences, save preferences.
- Click Configure command button
Driver can be found on my GitHub
- 1.0.0 (08/25/2020) - First attempt at parent/child structure
- 1.1.0 (08/27/2020) - Added more options to Debug Logging command and added startLevelChange and stopLevelChange commands
- 1.1.1 (08/28/2020) - Missed setting the type on one of the on/off events
- 1.2.0 (08/30/2020) - Made some states attributes, added refresh capability to parent
- 1.2.1 (08/30/2020) - Fixed Updated() not working correctly
- 1.2.2 (08/31/2020) - Fixed attributes not populating correctly on install
- 1.2.3 (09/01/2020) - Fixed redundant on/off events
- 1.2.4 (10/17/2020) - Added actuator capability so custom commands can be used in rule machine
- 1.2.5 (10/27/2020) - Fixed motion reset time parameter setting not working
- 1.3.0 (02/17/2021) - Removed erroneous duplicate event recording. Added new preference "Wait for device report before updating status.", Fixed a level report timing issue when setting level to 0%.
- 1.3.1 (02/17/2021) - Added blank selection option to commands to reduce confusion
- 1.3.2 (02/17/2021) - Forgot to add the "Wait for device report" to everything other than on/off/level
- 1.3.3 (03/31/2021) - Fixed small issue where on/off states weren't made in rare situations
- 1.3.4 (04/15/2021) - Fixed defaultDimmerLevel state not populating
- 1.3.5 (05/24/2021) - Fixed error when setting light timeout to disabled
- 1.3.6 (06/09/2021) - Attempt to allow multiple physical button presses registering
- 1.4.0 (06/11/2021) - Fixed multiple physical events, removed "Wait for Parameter" all updates wait for the report back from the device
- 1.4.1 (03/18/2023) - Fixed BasicReport logging when debug logging is off