26933 GE motion smart dimmer

Question on these with the hubitat.

How much control do i have? I hate replacing battery in my motion, and this dimmer is cheaper than say inovelli dimmer + battery motion

can i still control the lights with the motion? or will they always turn on? i though bath room, kitchen, dining room will be the best places to use these?

You can do whatever you want.

I suggest you use Jason Bottjen’s (@JasonJoel’s) excellent component driver for this device:

It logically splits the device into two devices, a motion sensor and a dimmer. You can treat them as two independent devices if you put the device into manual mode.

Here is the user doc. Look at section 3, info about occupancy, vacancy, manual modes. I’ve got one, works well with @JasonJoel’s component driver.

GE/Jasco 26933 manual

I assume you know about the 26931 device, which has a switch rather than a dimmer. @JasonJoel has a component driver for that as well. I’ve got several of those, too.

1 Like

wow thank you, what i woul want is for bath rooms let the motion tigger local (fastest right?) and then in say night mode trigger but at like say 10% or 20%

in other rooms would just be nice for a trigger i found #26932 on ebay but for the life of me cannot find the differance in 26933 lol

can you change the modes from hubitat? (as in the occupancy, vacancy, manual modes) would be really handy

Yes, you can change from Hubitat, not only from Dashboard buttons, but also under rule control.

I put it in manual mode and do everything from motion automation. I have seen @JasonJoel remark that he has his set up to do automated on locally (occupancy) during the day, rule changes to manual at night so lights don’t go on with motion at night. I prefer to have mine stay in manual mode and control with motion automation so it goes off automatically under automation control, with all the other tricks that motion automation does (door contact sensor to prevent turn-off on no motion, etc). It’s a little slower turn on my way (about 1/3 sec using motion automation), but fast enough for me & more flexible.

okay thank you make perfect sense, basically the same as seperate motion only all in one and no batteries I order 5 of these I might replace some of my other old GE units with these and move those to area i dont need motion :slight_smile:

now i can jsut get PET immune motion to use as security :slight_smile:

hello
Thanks for hte help. o got these installed and man the motion sense has been really bad, like i can walk most of the room bad

any ideas ? its like 3 seconds

I’m not seeing that. What do you have the motion sensitivity set to? The wording is backwards (but matches the docs). Low = low amounts of motion will trigger (I.e., high sensitivity, etc.).

What is the communication speed shown on Z-Wave details? Any errors? The Hubitat Mesh Details user app by @tony.fleisher provides a good view of what’s happening.

I’m not seeing instant, but it’s not as bad as you are seeing. Always much less than a second, probably 1/3 sec.

Are you doing any multi-tap stuff? Driver/device has to wait for that to know.

So i have tried everything i can think of light on almost always has a 3 second delay,
changed the mode back to vacancy (not sure how to verify this) but shouldn't this be instant now? as in the motion just turns on the light?
tried pull the disconnect for a couple minutes

i have tried low/medium/high
If i tap the On/OFF from hubitat device page the response is nearly instant.

is there a firmware update i need?

GE/Jasco has never done any firmware updates.

Perhaps Jason Bottjen (@JasonJoel), who wrote the driver and has bunches of these, has a suggestion.

I believe he uses a rule to set his to Occupancy (switch turn on and off automatically when motion) during the day, and Manual at night. That shows the speed of the motion sensor itself.

I just use the Motion App.

Edit: I see you are at 9.6 kbps. That’s slow communication. I have 2 at 100 kbps and 1 at 40 kbps.

Can you verify that you have no “ghost nodes”? (Z-Wave devices with no in, out clusters?

1 Like

i had it in manual but the respone was REALLY slow so for troubleshooting i moved it vacancy (witch i jsut relized is wrong lol)

going ot try occupancy now. that might help but the 3 second delay is very odd

what app now?

just these 2 active and working door locks

Ok, you need to get rid of those. They are screwing up your mesh. Power down the devices you were trying to pair when they happened (probably next higher nodes) because hub won’t remove if it can ping the devices. Hit Repair a bunch of time until you get Remove button, then remove. If that doesn’t work, post back and I will direct you to the big guns.

You are already in good hands - definitely need to get rid of those ghost devices though.

The parameters below are on my user driver - don't know if they are available on the in-box driver, haven't used it in a while.

Other than getting rid of the ghosts you can double check the dimming speed parameter (but it defaults to fast...):

And set the steps/% per step faster. 1 and 3 are the defaults, and are pretty fast, but making the 3 smaller and the 1 bigger makes it even faster. Setting % per step bigger makes it increase/decrease the dimmer more per each step. Setting it to 99 would theoretically make it go from 0-99% or 99-0% in one step:

working on those bad devices now

wait am i using the wrong driver? i dont have any those options

ah frig LOL i had the wrong driver picked in the device :frowning: let me rety now

this is what i see now

i can still walk all the way to sink before it turns on :frowning:

yeah even with your driver, I can walk the 12 feet to the switch and pass it and the another light htat have senses motion and kicks on (witch is one of my slowest light do to the really slow LED) and it still beats this kitchen light :frowning:

and i have in occ mode so it should be instant internal to the switch right? (current setting is low)

i was able to remove them do i need to run a repair?