Time of day change device preferences

Hi there,

I have a Jasco zwave motion dimmer. Looking for a push in the right direction to create a time of day rule to set the Operation Mode and Auto Off preferences. So 5pm set mode to occupancy and auto off to 30 minutes, then at 8am set mode to manual and auto off to disabled.

Thanks,

Tim

Welcome to Hubitat! The inbuilt driver won’t allow you to do this but @JasonJoel’s community driver will as it has commands to change this setting which you can do via rule machine:

1 Like

The Rule Machine interface is a bit non-intuitive the first few times you create rules like this.

On the Action, choose Run Custom Action, then, for the Capability, choose Actuator. Then choose your device, and you will see the commands listed, just as they are on the buttons on the device’s page.

I personally use Jason Bottjen’s (@JasonJoel’s) Component driver for this same device (26933). It splits the device into two child devices, a dimmer and a motion sensor. Function is the same in both drivers, but, to me, it makes the rules clearer because of the logical separation of the devices.

Thanks,,,

In the action, do I set anything for the string value?

No. That’s just a generalized parameter. Occupancy has no parameters. I would set the parameter type as No Selection.