Introducing 'Web Pinger'
Monitor a website and trigger automations if not found or if your internet goes down.
Thanks to Jason Botello for the original 2016 (ST) 'SmartPing' idea that I based this app off of.
- Turns on a Switch(es) when website is not found or internet is down
- Option to send Pushover and/or Flash Lights when website is not found
- Option to send Pushover and/or Flash Lights when website is available again
- Set time between polls from 30 seconds to 59 minutes
- Adjustable Safety Net to avoid false alarms
- Flashing lights require 'The Flasher'
- Parent/Child App structure
- Create as many child apps as needed
Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)
When reporting problems...
- Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
- Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
- Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.