[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Did you add the driver code?

Yeah, I did. But a delete and recreation of the driver fixed the issue. Not sure what happened the first time.

1 Like

This thread and people's experiences have evolved so much that it really needs to be congealed down into a few separate threads IMHO

• Innovelli
  • Zooz
  • Aeotec
  • Leviton
1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Thoughts on Z-Wave Security

I just ran into the same thing with a DZPD3 so apparently it's never been addressed.

I used this;
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/djdizzyd/hubitat/master/Drivers/Z-Wave-Firmware-Updater/Leviton-DZPD3_01_20.hex

Major update supporting binary image files..

WARNING: This version due to the nature of most of the binary images, I am not able to pre-check the firmware descriptor to validate a match. Make sure you know what you are doing!

CaptureFirmwareBinaryTarget
You need a valid direct firmware url, and you need to know the correct target. You get this information from your device manufacturer.. I do not know what is correct for your device.

8 Likes

The old version is safer as it does a lot of validation for you.. So if you don't have a need for it, stick with the old version.. This is for a recent uptick in secondary targets and 700 series encrypted firmware files.

2 Likes

@bcopeland, are we doing something wrong with your Leviton hex files and the earlier driver version?

No.. The files were not right.. And I haven’t had a chance to sit and figure out why.. I pulled the hex files offline since rhey weren’t working

1 Like

Good to know, thanks.

Yeah, good idea.

Ooo, is this what the .GBL files I've seen for 700-series firmware updates are? (I tried one for fun with the old tool and wasn't too surprised when it didn't work.)

And: I have a friend with a lot of Inovelli dimmers (and so secondary targets), who was hesitant to update all of his with the need for the external stick. He'll be quite happy if this works for him. Thanks! :smiley: (I'll be happy, too, but my C-3 is humming along with a Z-Stick that makes this easy for that hub.)

1 Like

Yup

1 Like

I just pushed an update.. There was an issue if you selected target 0

2 Likes

can this version also be used to update the inovelli .bin files?

Bryan, would it be possible to give this version a slightly different name? Both this, and the original ("safe") driver show up as "Z-Wave Firmware Updater" on the device page driver type drop down.

2 Likes

Yes.. That is one of the items I tested with..

1 Like

Good idea. I'm sure @bcopeland wouldn't mind if you changed the line:

definition (name: "Z-Wave Firmware Updater",namespace: "djdizzyd", author: "Bryan Copeland") {

to

definition (name: "Z-Wave Binary Firmware Updater",namespace: "djdizzyd", author: "Bryan Copeland") {

2 Likes

Can anyone comment on how long this firmware update should/could take? I am using this to flash an Inovelli LZW36 Fan/Light controller right now. I have been at this status screen for almost 30 minutes. Is that reasonable?

1 Like

It’s done

1 Like

@wboweiii You should be done. Change back to the Inovelli driver.

2 Likes