[RELEASE] GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Switch Component Driver

GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Motion Switch Driver
This is a driver for the GE Motion Switch device. It differs from the in-box driver in that it exposes all of the device parameters, and uses a parent/child structure to put the switch and motion sensors in their own child devices.

It has been tested with a GE 26931 motion switch.

Example:

Features:

• ON/OFF
  • Configuration of button inversion variable.
  • Configuration of motion and light parameters.
    • Light Off Time, Motion sensor on/off, Motion sensitivity, Light Sensing for light ON/OFF, Motion Reset time
  • Commands added for direct access to the following features:
    • Manual / Vacancy / Occupancy motion lighting modes. Can be used in rules (via custom commands in RM, for example) to put motion lighting in Manual mode at night for bedroom switches.
  • Uses the in-box Switch and Motion Sensor component drivers for the child devices - no need to install additional drivers for those.

To-Do:

• none

Installation:

1. Install Driver code in Hubitat
  2. Apply to a GE Motion Switch device. Click save.
  3. Edit preferences, save preferences.
  4. Click Configure command button

Driver can be found on my GitHub

• 1.0.0 (08/28/2020) - Initial Version
  • 1.0.1 (08/29/2020) - Fixed an errant debug log
  • 1.1.0 (08/30/2020) - Made some states attributes, added refresh capability to parent
  • 1.1.1 (08/30/2020) - Fixed Updated() not working correctly
  • 1.1.2 (08/31/2020) - Fixed attributes not populating correctly on install
  • 1.1.3 (10/17/2020) - Added actuator capability so custom commands can be used in rule machine
  • 1.1.4 (10/27/2020) - Fixed motion reset time parameter setting not working
  • 1.2.0 (02/17/2021) - Removed erroneous duplicate event recording. Added new preference "Wait for device report before updating status.", added blank selection option to commands to reduce confusion
  • 1.2.1 (02/18/2021) - Fixed on/off reporting being broken in some reporting modes
12 Likes
  • 1.0.1 (08/29/2020) - Fixed an errant debug log
1 Like
  • 1.1.0 (08/30/2020) - Made some states attributes, added refresh capability to parent
  • 1.1.1 (08/30/2020) - Fixed Updated() not working correctly
1 Like
  • 1.1.2 (08/31/2020) - Fixed attributes not populating correctly on install
1 Like

Outstanding job, Jason. I installed the switch this weekend, attached it to your driver, and it was effortless. Very nice that the switch and motion are separate components, great that all parameters are able to be configured, and especially nice that the motion modes are exposed for setting by rules. Just outstanding, works really well. Thanks.

Now to put in 3 more switches with this driver and a dimmer with your motion dimmer component driver.

Hi @JasonJoel

I have a quick question for you. For this driver, when a motion event registers does this driver allow me to use the motion event to fire off other rules (or whatever they're called, I'm new) for other devices?

I'm thinking about buying these switches, but probably only if I can use motion events to trigger secondary events.

Thanks!

Yes. This, or the non-component version, or the in-box driver for that matter, all report motion as standard motion events that can be used anywhere else in the hub motion events are supported.

1 Like
  • 1.1.3 (10/17/2020) - Added actuator capability so custom commands can be used in rule machine
1 Like

I'm a little unclear on what that is.

How long before motion reading goes from active back to inactive. Basically it is the fastest it can register a new motion event.

Thanks. That's not accessible in the stock version, I think.

I can't remember what is in the in-box one, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is not in there. Most people leave it at the default of 20s anyway.

I tried changing it and it wouldn't take.

Did you hit the "save preferences" after changing the setting? I just checked, and it seemed to work as expected for me.

Interesting. I hadn’t tried this before (had left at default 20:sec), but @velvetfoot seems correct.
Repeat by:
Change Motion Detection Reset Time from 20 sec to 10 sec, hit Save Preferences, then Refresh. Yes, the drop down choice stays as 10 sec, but Refresh shows 20 sec as state. Haven’t tested to see what true motion reset value is.
See screen shots:

It's probably a display issue. I'll check it out when I get a minute though to verify.

1 Like

In case it matters, C-7 with 2.2.3.148, no security pairing:

Yup, I think it is messed up. Should be easy to fix. I'll try to take a peek after dinner.

2 Likes

Thanks. It, and the dimmer component driver, are truly inspired. Great work!