GE Enbrighten Wall Motion Switch, 26931, Motion Sensitivity Settings Backwards in Driver?

I'm fooling around with the subject GE/Jasco in-wall motion switch, and it seems that the settings in the stock driver are backwards. That is, High=Low and Low=High. I confirmed this by using the buttons on the switch. Also by walking in front of it a lot, lol.

I'm using a piece of electrical tape over part of the sensor to exclude an area before a hall. That's how I discovered it. It was unresponsive on "high", but not so on "low".

Try @JasonJoel’s excellent component driver. It splits the motion sensor from the switch into separate devices, and allows automations to set the modes (occupancy, vacancy, manual). Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Thanks!

It's funny you say that....

I have went back and forth on this one a number of times trying to decide if HIGH was more or less sensitive. Per the docs HIGH (a value of 1) should be most sensitive, and LOW (a value of 3) should be least sensitive.

I think that is correct, but I dunno anymore. lol

All I can say is that in my drivers HIGH=1, MEDIUM=2, and LOW=3 like the documentation says.

1 Like

Yep, I can attest to that.
If you long press the off button the led will blink once, then twice and then three times. If you let off on the button after the first blink, that is High sensitivity. And I verified that as well by walking around.

1 Like

The confusion comes in, though, from the manual... It specifically says the setting is "the amount of motion required to turn on the light".

That makes it sound like HIGH=it takes a high AMOUNT of motion, which would be LESS sensitive...

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.