GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Driver
I got tired of the generic built-in driver missing features that are on the GE/Jasco dimmers. This was derived from the ST device handler, but mostly re-written at this point as there were a number of problems with the one I started with.
NOTE 1: This is for the toggle/paddle GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmers only. It will not work with the non Z-Wave Plus models (12xxx), it will not work with any non-dimmer model, and it will not work with the Motion Dimmer (26933).
It has been tested with a GE 14294 dimmer. It should also work with the Jasco and Honeywell branded versions.
NOTE 2: The driver has not been tested on any newer firmware levels that use CRC16 for the message encoding. If you see CRC16 messages in the log when using this driver, that means you have one of those devices. I'll be happy to try and improve the driver to support those, but as I do not have any of that firmware revision, it may be slow going.
- Support for the hardware Double Tap Up and Double Tap Down functions implemented. You can now use the switch like a scene controller / use the second function. The double taps should show up as doubletap button pushes.
- So in RM, for instance, you would select the "button" capability, and and you would use the "doubleTapped" event (not pushed).
- Exposed All association groups, and are adjustable. (note: I spent the least amount of time testing this, so there may be bugs. But quick tests worked)
- All ON/OFF and double taps create a State Change event
- Control of LED indicator (on when on, on when off, always off)
- Control of dimming parameters - Z-Wave, Physical. Let's you control how fast/slow the light(s) adjust.
- Install Driver code in Hubitat
- Apply to a GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus dimmer device. Click save.
- Edit preferences, save preferences.
- Click Configure command button
Driver can be found on my GitHub
- 1.0.0 (01/29/2019) - Initial Version
- 1.1.0 (01/30/2019) - Fixed missing parenthesis in setLevel, and fixed an issue where "switch on" events were created every time the dimmer level changed, even if the light was already on.
- 1.2.0 (01/31/2019) - Redid CRC16 section based on Hubitat example to try and fix CRC16 errors
- 1.3.0 (01/31/2019) - Added multilevelget to refresh(), tweaked on/off refresh on long delay. May help some scenarios
- 1.4.0 (02/26/2019) - Revamped, moving most commands back to preferences. Removed all on/off steps and duration settings. Removed indicator capability. Removed doubletap commands buttons (but not the doubletap functionality).
- 1.5.0 (03/03/2019) - Removed unneeded functions, changed preferences format to be consistent with switch driver
- 1.6.1 (03/03/2019) - Yet another attempt to get CRC16 encapsulation working correctly
- 1.6.2 (03/03/2019) - Fixed some leftover warning logs that should have been changed to debug
- 1.7.0 (03/03/2019) - Added parameter validation checking to prevent errors if a user saves without specifying the settings
- 1.8.0 (03/03/2019) - Added in descriptionText loggging