What does it do?
This is a Hubitat driver that will deliver notifications via an IFTTT Webhook. It's a slightly modified version of mlritchie's Twilio Notifications Driver. This is my first contribution, so feel free to fix bugs or make improvements.
I consider this more of a temporary solution until the Hubitat mobile app becomes available.
How to use
- Create an IFTTT applet that looks like this
- Install the Hubitat driver and enter your credentials (get your IFTTT Webhooks API key here) - it's the string behind "/use".
- Install the IFTTT Android or iOS app
- On Android, you might need to exclude the IFTTT app from Doze to avoid delays
- IFTTT-based notifications are pretty basic and might not be as reliable as the commercial alternatives, but hey - it's free
- If you want more features or better reliability, you might want to use the built-in Pushover notifications driver (requires the paid Pushover app on your phone) or Twilio (you need to charge your account with a minimum of 20 USD initially).
Get it on GitHub