You know you’re addicted to HE and home automation when

You have pinned the hubitat forums to your browser tabs

:slight_smile: :laughing:

21 Likes

I wish I could give this more love.

Edit:

10 Likes

Mine has been there for close to a year :slight_smile: I guess I'm a lost cause.

5 Likes

..two open tabs devoted to HE forums at all times... image
not sure I wanna know where that puts me.
:thinking:

4 Likes

I am NOT addicted. I can quit any day. Really. Believe me. I have already quit twice today. I am not addicted.. (Do I need to join HAA (Hubitat Addicts Anon)? What is our prayer and what is our 12-step program?)

9 Likes

When the wife yells" the light didn't come in in the stairwell, I'm going to touch the switch" and I come running, yelling, ""don't touch it I have to find out what went wrong"
And she says, "if you weren't spending hours on that forum maybe the lights would work better"

20 Likes

...you have more stuff in your Home Automation Graveyard drawer than most folks have in their entire house.

14 Likes

You know what my New Year's resolution was? No more home automation gear this year.

It's been about 6 months, and I have purchased:

1. one NUC 8
  2. one Odroid N2
  3. 3 Caseta switches
  4. 2 Caseta dimmers
  5. One Caseta plug-in dimmer
  6. Several Picos
  7. 15 Iris v3 motion sensors and 30 Iris v3 contact sensors
  8. 10 Aqara motion sensors
  9. 4 Sengled RGBW A19 bulbs
  10. one Apple TV
  11. 4 zigbee environment sensors
  12. 2 SmartThings presence sensors
  13. 3 Zooz Zen22 dimmers
  14. 3 Zooz Zen30 dimmer/relay double switch

And it wouldn't surprise me if I've forgotten a few things ......

22 Likes

HI! My name is April, and I'm a Hubitatter. It's been one hour since I've tinkered with anything smart. My husband thinks I have a problem, but I don't agree.
:grin:

I do NOT have a problem.

19 Likes

Until that someone in the house isn't you of your family and you spot a man walking round buck naked doing a windmill

7 Likes

JEFF!!? Is that YOU?!
PUT YOUR PANTS ON! MY GOD MAN!
:rofl:

8 Likes

Now I have to find out what Pushover is...

2 Likes

My wife says I'm a pushover. :wink:

6 Likes

Notification app. 4 bucks for a lifetime is unlimited notifications

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

If I hadn’t been buying and selling houses, I’m sure I would have a similarly lengthy list…, but I still have six months to catch up. :tada:

I think most of us have given in to the “dark side”. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I don’t have any idea what your husband is thinking. I don’t see a problem.

apparently with hubitat iteration? or node-red?

Why pushover and not Hubitat messaging feature?

Just pulled this from their site: Each user can send up to 7,500 messages per month for free .

Not quite unlimited, but I sure don't want even close to that many messages alerting me.:joy:

3 Likes

Pushover has many more features and maintains a history within the Pushover Mobile App that you can refer to once a notification has been dismissed. It is also very easy to send Pushover messages from Node-Red, as well as Hubitat. I also like that Pushover allows for Priority/Emergency messages which can be configured to break through a phone in silent mode. It also has been extremely reliable for me and my wife.

6 Likes