Upset users more likely to post- Please take poll to indicate IF issues with the latest update 2.2.3

Ha! You guys all just blindly loaded a new release of code onto the core of your home automation system on BLIND FAITH that EVERYTHING would work perfectly?

3 Likes

Lest we forget that important paragraph from the Terms of Service to which we all agree when registering our hubs:

c. Customer acknowledges that the Hubitat Platform is under continuous development, is not complete or otherwise at the final stage of development and that Hubitat makes no representation that the Hubitat Platform is error or bug free. Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Hubitat Platform may experience unscheduled downtime and agrees that Hubitat shall not be liable for any harm resulting from unscheduled downtime. Customer acknowledges that Hubitat has no obligation to provide support for the Customer's use of the product.

1 Like

I tend to be cautious about updates. If it was just me in the home, I'd live with workarounds or problems if they occurred. Others here depend on stable automation and consistent day to day routines, so it's more important to be fairly confident nothing will jump out and surprise me. I'll be holding off for a while. I am looking forward to moving to the C7 down the road, but I'm glad now that when I switched from ST, I didn't wait for the C7 release and start with it. I'm confident in the product and have faith everything will be resolved.

I did not update my hubs yet, nothing for me to update to. My C5 hubs are working, so my don't break them attitude is working fine.

4 Likes

Genius at the Einstein level. Best advice ever.

3 Likes

Except that NOT upgrading might not be possible.. let me refer you guys to this thread..

:rofl:

2 Likes

I guess that's possible too. But you know the routine, people more likely to post about a problem, in general.
I made the title a little "click-baitey" to hopefully get more responses, and a more balanced reply pool, not consisting of only people with issues

So you're saying I have "issues?!" Well let me tell you... :wink:

1 Like

There is no 12 Step program equipped to combat that.

1 Like

Issues? I have a subscription!

1 Like

Ok folks, it's seems clear to me that most had no problem. I'll leave the pool up for the rest of the day, c'mon over and take a swim, er uh I meant poll, and will be closing it later tonight.

This is what I had hoped to see, as I know how easy it is for negative sentiment to take over, just look at our epidemic of TDS.

4 Likes

I’m not really sure that a convenience sample of 100 users really allows for much of a conclusion either way.

1 Like

Hi, new ST defector here just been playing with new C7 for a few days and reviewing some of the forums. One issue I've seen raised is that the new release has reduced the event storage per device (and per attribute as I understand) from 1000 to 100. This is a fairly significant reduction that I would expect could impact some users. Without getting into specifics of whether this is an appropriate change or not, I'd like to ask what kind of notification is provided to the community before such changes are made? I look over the release notes and I see no mention of it. In other forums I see that some time in the past sms service was dropped (albeit with a 3'rd party path to implement the function). I don't mind at all being pleasantly surprised when new features are added, but I would really want advance notification of an intent to remove features or reduce functionality. As a new user, can someone let me know if there is a formal process hubitat follows for this?
Thanks.

I'm honestly not going for a published journal article. Maybe more of wanting to stop my hands from shaking when I pickup my unopened C7 box :grinning:

It won't let me edit the poll, so see tally below

2 Likes

Presumably, it just falls under the general "performance and stability enhancements" item in the release notes. :rofl: But yes, calling this out specifically might be a good idea. There is, as far as I've seen, no formal process for doing this, but usually staff note important changes in the reless notes (like they did for the major Z-Wave changes or like they do when a platform firmware version intoduces a database or app incompatibility problem if you roll back and don't take the FB with you).

But in this case, you didn't really lose any features. The default just changed. You can change it back--or set it to whatever you want--by doing the following:

2 Likes

I decided since I had a couple of days off, I would have the time to try and resolve issues if this update did not go well. It completed with no problems. I have several rules, but the extent of my automation isn't anywhere near what some people have. There are no unusual or unexpected log entries. Performance in most cases has been better, but I sill have one Z-Wave Plus motion dimmer (GE) that is sometimes VERY slow (8-10 seconds). Considering it's on the other side of a wooden wall (6 feet) from the hub, I have no idea why this is an issue. Anyway, I don't believe it's related to any of the past updates.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I had issues with the upgrade on my C5's.
(I have since rolled back).
So, I can readily understand the frustrations of newer owners who upgraded immediately.

I upgraded 6 hubs.

C-3
C-4
C-5
C-5
C-7
C-7

All are running .119 No problems on any of them. Obviously the problem occurrence is not very high.. except for those people that are having the problem! For them it's quite high, quite frustrating.

4 Likes

I upgraded my 2 C4's and a C5, also my clients current C5. Left my C7's alone for now. Hubs are working fine so far.

1 Like

My C3 and C5 have been fine since upgrading from v. 2.2.2 (C3 initially to .118 then .119 hot fix, and C5 to .119).