[RELEASE] Tuya (Lidl Smart Home) Drivers with Device Presence

Reposted from my personal account, I'll update this properly when I get the chance.

These work with generic drivers, but because of my reliance on presence detection I've rolled my own versions and they're working well. Available through Hubitat Package Manager, just keyword search for "Tuya".

They're Zigbee 3.0 devices, but the power strip in particular has a couple of firmware bugs which need to be worked around, such as reporting the wrong endpoint for the physical button. They're both fully functional with these drivers.

They are very responsive, repeat fairly well and are very quiet on the mesh. So quiet that I'll be adding proactive presence detection in the future, as when 'dormant' they transmit as little as one message every 10 minutes, so it can be up to 15-20 minutes before they're noticed to be offline.

4 Likes

Reserved post just in case.

Found this no-name two-channel no-neutral switch module on eBay before Christmas. Turns out it's a Tuya. :slight_smile:

IKEA Repeater for scale, this thing is tiny, with a removable clip and a capacitor in the box to mitigate flicker if necessary. Very nice. Smaller than the Samotech modules I normally use. I've ended up with this because Samotech don't do a two-channel no-neutral and it's brilliant.

I'll make a driver up for it when I get chance, shouldn't be a big job. Don't think it works as a repeater, but it's solid state while Samotech use physical relays.

I have a few of these and was wondering if there is a way to have the power draw on the device reported in such a way that I could setup rules with it

eg. have my computer plugged into it and when I shut down and the power draw is close to zero it turns the switch off so that I can then have it trigger to switch on when I enter my office

Any idea if something is possible with these devices?

Did you ever get any of the spotlights that Lidl sold? These lights had 3x zigbee GU10 bulbs and came with a 4 button remote control. The lights added ok to HE but the remote control only added as a 'device' when paired. If the driver was swapped to 'philips dimmer button controller v2' then you could use it but only one of the four buttons worked. It would be nice if all 4 buttons worked.

Unfortunately not, I've found no power reporting in the messages from these devices. If you're in the UK you'd be better off with a Salus SP600. My driver for it supports power reporting and you could set up rules to do as you require.

Ah, you mean this one! That's my other account on here; yes, I still have the remote (it was in the box with their Tuya hub) but no luck getting it to do anything useful due to the points raised in that thread.

I assume that single button only works due to it being a built-in driver, which likely has access to things our user drivers don't. Maybe. You've got further than me in having it do something anyway!

1 Like

Can you post the remote device details 'data' section? We need the Model and Manufacturer IDs, it may turn out that this Lidl remote is a Tuya remote clone that is already supported?

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 51
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0003,0004,1000
  • outClusters: 0019,000A,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,1000
  • model: TS1001
  • manufacturer: _TYZB01_bngwdjsr

The clusters are the same as TS004F ...
I will send you a PM.

1 Like

Just to recap the findings on the Lild Livarno Lux Remote Control - except the first button, all others use inbound group messaging and at this time the device can not be used in Hubitat.

2 Likes

Download the Hubitat app