[RELEASE] Tuya Scene Switch TS004F driver (w/ healthStatus)

This is what mine reports.

I am pretty up to date.

def version() { "2.6.4" }
def timeStamp() {"2023/04/27 5:29 PM"}

I understand your point about re-pairing the remotes but to be honest I have had great battery life out of them as they will go completely dormant and rarely wake-up until a button press.

I have a spare one that I will try pairing with the new driver and see what happens with that one.

So if I understand correctly, the remotes are working just fine, the only issue that I see is that the healthStatus is reported as offline - and that is because the periodic battery reporting is disabled (not configured) and the remotes have not been used for a long time?

@kkossev Just stopping in to say thank you very much for your driver. Working well for me.

I had an Aeotec Quad Wallmote go bad recently and see that a replacement was $70. I decided to give the Tuya Scene Switch TS004F being sold on Amazon ($25) a try and I have to say I like it a lot better than the Wallmote. If I continue to have success with it, I plan to order several more from Alibaba ($13).

Thanks again for your hard work on this driver!

1 Like

FYI Just added a brand new remote of the same kind and with the most recent driver it shows battery voltage but not an estimate of battery level. After enabling the advanced option and turning on battery reporting it does report battery level.

Thank you.

1 Like

Dear Krassimir

Would you be able to add this device to your driver please?
Thank you for your efforts

@zsolt.toth.39 unfortunately, this Lidl remote can not work with Hubitat. It uses Zigbee Inbound Group messaging.

You can pair it to Home Assistant ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT, and then bring the button events to Hubitat using the Home Assistant Device Bridge

Thank you very much for enlightening me :slightly_smiling_face:

If you want to experiment, I think that it is still possible to use this Lidl remote in Hubitat :

• Manually assign a Generic Zigbee Dimmer driver to the remote
  • Create a Group in HE apps - select this remote and one or more Zigbee bulbs
  • Make sure the 'Enable Zigbee Group Messaging' option is turned on.
  • Before clicking on the 'DONE' button, press the remote button to wake up this sleepy device.

Hubitat should send commands to add both the Zigbee bulb and the Zigbee remote in a new common Zigbee group. If the Lidl remote was awake at the time when the Zigbee group was created and accepted the AddGroup command, then you should be able to switch the bulb on and off and even to control the bulb brightness directly from the remote! Directly means that Hubitat hub is not involved at all, you should be able to control the bulb even if the HE hub is switched off!

The disadvantage is that the state of the Zigbee bulb (on/off, brightness level) may not be reflected back to Hubitat.

Maybe this was added by @ymerj and @tomw at some point and I'm just not aware of it, but to my knowledge you cannot use a button device from Home Assistant with HADB in this way.

You can however (and I do this myself) simply use the HE to HA integration from @jason0x43 to expose HE devices to HA, such as Hubitat virtual switches. Just set a 500ms auto OFF on the virtual switch so it simulates a momentary button press. On the HA side, you create a simple automation that turns on the Hubitat device or virtual switch when the button is pressed. A Basic Automation rule on Hubitat can then of course control just about anything you want when the Hubitat virtual switch turns on. If it's a device supported by Jason's integration, you could also just share the Hubitat device you want to control with HA and get the same result without the need for an additional automation rule on Hubitat, but this depends on the device you are trying to control of course.

2 Likes

I have buttons hooked up to Z2M in HA and they do report event trough HADB. That Lidl remote report "Action" state on button press (as a sensor). A specific driver in HADB would be needed to support it.

1 Like

Hey Krassimir, I tried enabling Advanced mode and setting the battery reporting to 4 hours but my devices would report every 12 minutes. I had not noticed until the batteries died on two of these a few days later.

With fresh batteries I tried setting it back to the default value, doing a configure and refresh and no change to the reporting interval.

Finally, to fix it I had to delete the devices from my network and re-join them (leaving driver at defaults) and all seems to be O.K. now.

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of the Device Details, Data section? I can check if there are any known specifics for this particular device manufacturer.

Here it is.

It's not a problem for me, I just wanted to post the steps I took to reset the device and avoid the battery drain in the even someone else has the same experience.

Before the reset the device was reporting battery level every 12 minutes. Now it's every 4 hours.

1 Like

@kkossev

I just used your driver to install my Moes (_TZ3000_kjfzuycl) ZigBee Smart Switch, One-Key Control Multi-Scene button. Installed first try and is working flawlessly for me. You're truly a huge asset to the Hubitat community. Thanks again for all your time and hard work!

2 Likes

Just wondering if this experimental driver supports Zigbee groups for all the various button controllers you support in this thread or just the Tuya Smart knob?

Also, when I purchased the Osram Smart+ Mini Switch back in Sept 2022 - I received the Osram Smart+ 4 button switch.

EDIT: I see now on Amazon that there two versions; a mini switch (3 button) and a 4 button square "switch" version.

Device details

Standard switch version

Maybe worth updating details for this version as well.

Hello @kkossev , I received a Tuya 2 button and it joined fine & works however it is a new manufacturer. I added the fingerprint to your driver on my hub. It takes 2 cheap AAA batteries and is reporting reliably over 1 day

fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0001,0006,E000,0000", outClusters:"0019,000A", model:"TS0042", manufacturer:"_TZ3000_kt7obmnn", deviceJoinName: "Tuya 2 button Scene Switch" // not tested

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805399640383.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.41.2e0f1802fSGZe5&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
: careful there are 2 versions WiFi & Zigbee

2 Likes

Hello - I'm relatively new to Hubitat. I've had a Home Assistant network up and running for a while. I got the Hubitat a few months ago and added 4 switched outlets, then exposed them to HA. That's all working fine.

Now I am trying to add a Moes 4-button wireless switch (TS004F) in Hubitat, then want to expose it to HA. (I've had this switch working directly in HA, but I want to add it through Hubitat instead - the Hubitat is much closer to the switch than my new HA setup).

I was able to install this driver and update it to the most current version and connect the Moes. When I push a button, I see it show up in the logs.

Here is where I get stuck - I don't know how to either configure the switch in Hubitat (tell Hubitat what to do when I single press button 1, or double press button 4, etc.) or expose it to HA.

Any advice on how to do either of those things? The more detail, the better :wink:

Thanks!

Add the built-in Button Controllers app.

Thank you! I knew I was missing something simple. That worked.

I also figured out how to expose the switch to HA. Open Apps > Maker API , then click in the Select Devices box. It doesn't look like you should click there to add devices, but that's where it is. Then over in HA, you can either rebook HA or open the Hubitat integration, click Configure, then HA will see the new device.

2 Likes