Garage Opener app for Hubitat
Make your garage door switch smart.
- Works with a switch that starts or stops your garage door
- Optionally detects when garage door is fully open with a contact sensor
- Optionally detects when garage door is fully closed with a contact sensor
- Detects if garage door is stuck half way though (when using contact sensors)
- Can still use the switch to manually control the garage door, keeping the device state in sync
Requires a switch that starts and stops your garage door, and every time it starts it goes in the opposite direction.
If you have a simple contact button that controls the garage door, you can connect a smart relay in parallel to the button. Alternatively, install a smart switch, connect an AC relay (e.g. LY2NJ) instead of a light to short the garage door opener contacts. Consult with your electrician before dealing with mains voltage!
- Install driver and app code.
- Add a virtual device using the installed Virtual Simple Garage Door Controller driver.
- Add the Garage Opener app.
- Configure the app with the virtual garage door controller and the smart switch that controls your garage door.
Garage Door Control- virtual device which uses
Virtual Simple Garage Door Controllerdriver
Garage Switch- the switch that controls your garage door
Garage opening time (in seconds)- the time it takes for the garage door to open
- If using contact sensors, this value will be used to detect if the door is stuck, so use a slightly large value, e.g. increase the actual time by 1 second
- If not using contact sensors, this value will be used to time the garage door movement to sync up the virual door state with the physical door state
Switch off delay (in milliseconds)- the delay to automatically turn the Garage Switch off so it acts as a momentary switch
Reversal delay (in milliseconds)- the delay between stopping the door and starting it again in the opposite direction (used when changing from closing to opening of vice versa)
Virtual Simple Garage Door Controller
- On the Hubitat hub, go to the Drivers Code page and click + New Driver
- Copy and paste the contents of virtual-simple-garage-door-controller.groovy and Save
- Go to the Devices page, click Add Virtual Device, specify Device Name, Device Label, select Virtual Manual Garage Door Controller for Type and click Done
This device will represent the state of your physical garage door and will enable controlling the door through it.
This driver is needed to avoid automatic change of state of the built-in Virtual Garage Door Controller driver.
The app can detect when your garage door is fully closed or fully open.
- Attach a contact sensor to the garage door when it's fully closed (the contact should be
closedin that position)
- Attach a contact sensor to the garage door when it's fully open (the contact should be
closedin that position)
If you only have a single contact sensor it's recommended to use it for detecting fully closed door.
- On the Hubitat hub, go to the Apps Code page and click + New App
- Copy and paste the contents of garage-opener.groovy and Save
- Go to the Apps page, click Add User App, select Garage Opener and click Done
Your feedback is welcome.