[Release] Garage Door Opener App - LGK Virtual Garage Door

mine is not working that way are you using my smartapp and my device handler..

mine starts opening immediately and changes to opening the open once the runin time times out.
what are you settings in the app

I just installed the driver and app you posted two posts back!

You can see from the logs (one open cycle, followed by a closed cycle):

Open initiated at 4:17:54 (from Virt GDO events)
"opening real gd" at 4:18:04

Close initiated at 4:19:06
"closing real gd" at 4:19:16

Why is there a "contact is in closed state" at 4:19:16? (in the logs)
The log for "Garage Main" (the door sensor) is not closed until 4:19:29

In both cases we see 10sec delay, matching the run in value in the driver.
"Garage Main" is the contact on the door
"Virt GDO" is the virtual device
"Gdo driver" is the momentary switch that activates the door

Hi I have just installed this App and Driver to control as a test to control 1 of my garage doors. I am using a Shelly WiFi relay as my control for the door.

I have hit a problem the app and the driver seem to be working okay apart from they will not switch on the Shelly device.

The garage door reports it's open in both Alex and HomeKit but the door doesn't physically move.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Does the door open when you trigger the device manually. If so post a screen shot of the configuration. The driver is not for the device. There should be 4 things installed an actually Shelly/switch device handler, an actual handfler for a garage door sensor . Both should be working before installing my app. Then the APp and Its accompanying virtual garage door device make up the last two.

Yes everything is working independently the door control was working with this app
https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-garage-opener-app-beta/37444
But it wasn't updating Alexa, HE or Homekit if the button was pressed manually your app does this but doesn't physically tell the Shelly to switch on (it is set to turn off after 1 second)

here is a screen shot of my app config:

your configuration is wrong it should be configured as follows the last two devices need to be the same

the open needs to be the physical shelly switch the sensor needs to be the physical sensor.
the last two BOTH need to be the virtual garage door device .. it says so right in the app..

ie

1 Like

it also may not work with a mutli channel relay device as those were not even around when it was written.. actually it does because i am using a zen16 multi channel and it works fine.. hopefully setting up the settings right will fix it for you

Hi, That fixed it thanks both garage doors working correctly thanks to you App. Although it has highlighted anther issue with my setup....poor WiFi coverage in the garage door.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Can we have a door movement duration option, please? This function actually delays opening or closing my door for the set duration which is not desirable for me.

I'd like an option to set how long the door should show opening/closing after the door has been triggered to open/close. eg 10 seconds

PS, Im running my garage door with a Fibaro Smart Implant and wired security contact sensor for open/close status. I also have a acceleration sensor on the door but am not using it with your app atm.

@kahn-hubitat one other item that would be a nice addition is to be able to specify a dedicated but optional acceleration sensor.

The other abandoned app/driver combo supports a mandatory acceleration sensor, however, the annoying thing about its implementation is there is no ability to specify door open close duration.

So despite having a dedicated open/close sensor, it doesn't show the opening/closing has completed until the acceleration sensor goes "inactive" which can take about 5 seconds longer than the door open/close does.

The door close time is exactly that. how long to wait before checking the sensor to see if the door is closed.. The issue with the runin time is due to the virtual garage device which really is not part of the app. Any virtual garage door device can be used. i just modified the existing smartthings one for convenience.. That is why i recommend just changing the runin time to whatever you like as you said it delays the actual execution.. i am not sure how a acceleration sensor would be used other than to let you know that the door is not working and alert you that it has not started moving.. What were you thinking?

do you mean the Timeout before checking if the door opened or closed correctly? setting? Despite having it set to 10 seconds it shows open/closed almost immediately after the door starts moving.

It's useful to know that the door is actually moving. Most folk I suspect will only have an open/close contact sensor that reports closed and by inference as soon as the door moves away from the contact sensor it reports open even when the door is still moving.

It's not a big deal but just something I liked about the other app/driver ... aside from the sensor taking an extra 5 seconds to report the door is no longer moving.

thATS because it is open immediately.. as soon as the sensor says open (it is subscribed to it) it will change to open.. the timeout is not for that .. it is how long to wait to go back and check that it did open (ie fully open) and is still open. . ie it didn't start and then close again due to the track blocked or something.. More importantly for closing too.. ie the dog didn't walk across the beam while it was closing.

To test remove the sensor from the door and keep it closed and see what it does.

I could easily add a acceleration sensor and maybe add an extra state to the app.device ie moving..

i dont think many would find that very usefull.. right now i dont have an acceleration sensor. to test.

ah ok, makes sense.

Dont worry about the acceleration sensor, it's not a big deal. I only bought one because the other app makes it mandatory, but I didnt like that it overrode the contact sensor status on closing events (the change to inactive is a bit slow on the ST MultiSensor).

Mine does this on closing as well. This behavior can't be correct.

@dJOS, Hi, I'm a newbie to Hubitat and would like to understand how you used the Fibaro as the switching relay to control the motor. I've got the same unit and when I'm triggering the open or close form the Garage (Contol), it only turns the output on, and not off again. I'm using christi999 drivers for the smart implant

I couldn't get that driver working for me (same issue), I'm using the stock HE driver configured as per below. The key item here is turning off "inputs connected to outputs".

Just be aware that whenever you save new settings using the stock driver, it fires the relays so will open or close your door.

Thanks for that. What is the driver called? This is only day 2 playing with my new toys :slight_smile: :grin:

Simply "Fibaro Smart Implant".

Toys are fun :grin: