This is an alpha release. Stuff will break/not work a lot.
DO NOT USE THIS WITH MORE THAN 20 DEVICES ON YOUR LIGHTIFY GATEWAY. There is currently a bug (a fix is in the works) that will make your HE hub feel very sad. Please, think of you hub's feelings
Connect your Lightify bridge to Hubitat: locally!
This Lightify Gateway Integration lets you directly control devices on a Lightify bridge from Hubitat.
Lightify has been claiming (for a few years) that they were going to add Hue support to their bulbs. Let's face the music: this probably ain't happening, and I'm done waiting.
Setting it all up:
- Install the parent app
- Install all of the child devices
- Input your Gateway's IP in the parent app
- Change the refresh period to something more sane. I have it set to 10 on my hub because I'm trying to break my hub. You should change it to like 30-60.
- Save the App you just created
- Your hub will automatically create a gateway device and propagate devices.
- Wait a minute or two, and go back into your app.
- Select the devices and groups you want to add. Hit done on each page
- Hit done, and save your app.
The problem with using these devices directly attached to a hub?
- They can (reportedly) be bad repeaters on a Zigbee mesh
- They seem to ignore commands every now and again.
Alright, then why should I get OSRAM bulbs/strips?
- They're inexpensive ($10/bulb from the Amazon store I got them from). Home automation is about having fun ... and automating! You shouldn't have to spend $40/bulb...
- OSRAM's customer support is seemingly great. Their 2-year-warranty is also nice--and they actually honor it.
- Color accuracy is good. Luminosity is good
- They have an app/other integrations to increase the SAF (spouse acceptance factor).
- Bulb discovery
- Set color, brightness, and power
- Color temperature. (Most of this is undocumented --- and some of the documentation is wrong. This had to be reverse engineered, like a lot of this project.)
- RGBW bulbs, RGB, CCT, Switches, and dimmable bulbs have their own device type. Everything else defaults to RGBW
- A lot of the device info properly parses
- Groups! (Write-Only)
- Discovery system
What's not working?
(hey, I said it's an alpha release! )
- Color effects.
- The following devices: Lightify Plug (probably works), Contact Sensor, Motion Sensor, 2-button switch, 3-button switch, 4-button switch, others?
- ColorMode on RGBW devices
- If you delete a group in the Lightify app, it will become de-synced with the Hubitat integration. (If you have 3 groups, and you delete group 2, group 3 becomes group 2).
- Code. There's so much inefficient code in here. Some of it was written at times beyond midnight.