HONGTAT TAN created a new ST smartapp + device drivers that work with pure and unmodified Tasmota v8 devices. I modified the app and device drivers to work with Hubitat ******* it required a significant amount of work due to the limited hubitat implementation of hubitat.device.HubResponse object, the lack of a proper query parameter + plus the different arguments required in addChildDevice method ******
Previous Tasmota apps for HE required a modified firmware, something that I was never particularly fond off.
** 9/27/20 - fixed a namespace error discovered by Abhijeet_Ghosh. Thank you Sir. **
** 11/29/20 - I received my Sonoff PowR2, and ported the "Tasmota - Metering Switch" driver for Sonoff POW, PowR2, limited to measusing power consumption (Watts) and Energy (Wh), and CH1, CH2 and CH3.
Ported Device Drivers and sample devices tested:
tasmota-generic-switch.groovy : for Tuya Switches, Sonoff Basic, Sonoff TX, Sonoff Mini, etc. with 1 and 2 channels only. Other channels will eventually be supported.
tasmota-fan-light.groovy : For Sonoff Ifan03 fan controller and light controller (tasmota-child-switch-device.groovy)
tasmota-metering-switch.groovy: For Sonoff POW, POWR2, only reports Watts, and allow control of 1 or 2 channels only.
Non ported device drivers in my GitHub should also work in polling mode (not in real time).
- Real-time device status
- Pure Tasmota & HE integration (No need for additional MQTT bridge)
- Tasmota v8 Device (with a working module / template)
- Devices must be added throught the smartapp
- After configuring the IP address, you MUST manually initialize the device from the device screen (click the initialize button) - otherwise, the device will only work on polling and not in real time
- Due to limitations of this beta code (the escape of the URL query parameters is still quite basic) it may not work if your device name have a rare condition
Please make sure to install the SmartApp and ALL device handlers.
- "Your idea is stupid and slow and I don't like it" - Don't use the code
- "Your app/driver is crashing my Hub. I submitted a support ticket" - Don't do that, the fine folks at Hubitat Inc. do NOT maintain this code. This software is given free of charge with no support, implied or otherwise. I may still help...
- "The latest update broke it, FIX IT" - I do this for fun, please don't make it un-fun.
- "I have a great idea for a feature" - Go ahead and post it, I might get around to it...
- "You ignored my great idea" - See #2
- "I hate you for getting my hopes up, your app/driver is awful/buggy/stupid" - Ok, please write a better one so I can use it
- "Please fix your code, it's broken" - I write this because I enjoy coding. I will continue to support and provide updates as long as that remains the case.
- "I stole your code and made it soooo much better" - Thanks. Please post it so I can start using it.
"You are awfully sarcastic, I don't like you" - That's ok, I don't need you to
(thank you @thomas.c.howard for the original FAQ this one was based on)
ENJOY AND REPORT YOUR PROGRESS!