Sonoff mini with Tasmota and wall switch

Hi everyone. I am using some BN-LINK WiFi smart plugs with Tasmota, configured as Tasmota Generic Switches. They work flawlessly!

I have a lamp plugged on one of this in my TV room, and have programed it with a few Simple Lightning rules, such as “turn on if TV (LG) is on after certain time of day” and “turn off after 5 minutes if TV is turned off”.

But now I want to control that smart plug from a wall next to the entrance door on the other side of the room.

I also have a few Sonoff Mini smart devices that also work great, set as Tasmota Generic Switches.

I’m trying to set one of this Sonoff Mini smart switches attached to a wall switch, and trying to program it in a way that when the wall switch toggles it’s position, it sends a signal to HE to toggle the BN-LINK smart plug, so I can control the lamp from the wall.

In theory everything is right, but when I do some testing, and rock the position of the wall switch attached to the Sonoff Mini, the signal to turn on or off the wall switch takes between 25 and 45 seconds to work.

I just don’t get it.

Any suggestions or ideas?

I’ll appreciate any help or advice, maybe for a different solution for this project.

Is this this driver as this relies on polling the devices for any changes.

Does the same delay happen when changing the Switch‘s state from the Device page ?
I’m assuming the Switch’s Device page has buttons for ON and OFF.

No, if the device is managed from the device page it switches almost immediately.

Any suggestion to speed things up?

Is there a way to shorten the polling period?

hey man, just be careful with using "polling" as a work around. From what I know and have read, "polling" can be a slippery slope heading to network/device congestion = increased slowness
Of course YMMV. :slight_smile:

Yes, I understand, kind of. I guess I’ll have to look for another device type/brand so a different driver does this in a different way.

Exactly which driver is it that you are using, the one linked to by @at9?

There are ways around this using device rules or a custom version of Tasmota. But you are going to have to find a solution that has everything to make it work. You won't be able to take the driver from one integration and use the firmware from another. Make sure you use them as a set unless you know for sure that they will be compatible.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.