[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

Great thanks!

Updated the first post to make it clear what is what, it can be confusing to know how to get Tasmota working and I hope this at least helps with choosing the driver. I understand there are those that don't want to use my custom firmware for some reason, if that is the case, then don't, as described above, there are alternatives. My hope is that anyone publishing alternatives explains the differences, trade-offs and reasoning why their way is the way to go and how it is accomplished. It shouldn't be needed to read the source code to understand the basic differences and trade-offs being made. I've explained the approach used by my firmware+driver before, but now it's in the first post and I hope it is now clear.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but please, when posting a driver for something that already has an actively maintained driver, make sure to explain clearly the how and why, it's hard enough for most to know what to choose.

1 Like

Hi Markus. Did you ever get that 2-channel dimmer delivered? Did you make it work with your new driver by chance?

I did get it, I've not had time to even connect it yet, life has been in the way. Sorry, it takes longer than I had expected.

No worries at all. I understand how that happens. I might connect mine up and see how it works in Tuya first. I was holding off until you had a chance to play with it. No hurry for me.

1 Like

Hi @markus, how's it going? are you okay adding this one too? DD001-MINI(G)-IR-V08 LED Controller
(If it's not already there)

so just so I'm clear, the drivers for the devices are added to your new driver? (the parent child one)

I'll add it, looking at the template there is no support for an IR Remote, even though the picture shows one. The IR Remote is not yet supported in the driver anyway, so no problem.
And yes, it's for the new driver, so future requests like this, please post in that thread.

Do so, I'll look at this soon I hope, just been a crazy last few weeks.

Hi Markus,
Thank you so much for sharing these! I have 2 wifi based smartlife/tuya contact sensors - would the distance sensor firmware work with them? I'm not too sure about which one I ought to use and I don't want to brick them. Thank you!

Much appreciated!!!! :love_you_gesture: :vulcan_salute:

Do you have a link to the device template from here? :

You probably will need my Closed Beta driver for these. The firmware to use is probably the standard Hubitat Tasmota build, but I'd need to know exactly what device it is to tell you for sure.

Hi Markus,
Thanks for responding so quickly! This is the one

Fingers crossed! I absolutely hate the latency over wifi and IFTTT. Really wish I'd just bought more Zigbee ones. They weren't even that much more expensive than this. I just figured I'd try these out because Tuya plugs etc hadn't been too bad. Little did I know.

Both good and bad news, yes, this can be done, but expect 4s delays, maybe less, but it will not be as fast as a Zigbee sensor. Reading the instructions it does look like tuya-convert could be a very hard thing to do, probably best to flash over serial. As far as drivers go, there would be no support for the battery status, but if you do flash it you can use my Closed Beta driver to have it show as a Contact Sensor without having to use a virtual device and RM. PM if you want access to the Closed Beta.

Hi Markus,
4s is about a fifth of what I'm current dealing with so this seems like a godsent as far as I'm concerned! PMing you now - thank you so much!

Not seeing a way to PM you, potentially as I am a new user. I have a Tuya garage door opener I'd like to try out that has Tasmota flashed, and it sounds like your beta driver is more appropriate when attempting to support non-standard devices.

OK will post it on a diff thread. And yes, I won't be using the IR anyway. Cheers bud.

Yes, since you're new you can't PM, I'll add you to the Closed Beta thread, the only thing missing for the version of the driver is good documentation, please read through the thread to get a good understanding on how it works.
Also, post a link to your device in the Closed Beta thread, most informative would be if you can find it here:

Ok, please post in the Closed Beta thread

Ditto that markus :wink:

I have 2 KMC 4 Power Monitor Plugs. I flashed Tasmota Hubitat v8.1.0 (followed the guidelines so flashed the official tasmota first, then minimal and then the hubitat version). The plugs are connected to my WiFi and the hub recognized them successfully. However, I can no longer control the plugs even manually.

When I send a command via Hubitat, the LED blinks blue and the WebUI console displays "RSL: stat/tasmota/RESULT = {"Command":"Error"}". Trying to turn the power on manually does nothing.

Please any idea how I can get this working?

Thanks

Ok, really weird; I did a "reset 5" and I can now control only the middle plug via Hubitat and the WebUI. However, the other 2 plugs can't be controlled.

Also, manual control still doesn't work and the switch is inverted both in the WebUI and in HE (says "on" when the middle relay is "off" and "off" when middle relay is "on"). Any ideas how to fix pls?

P.S.
Hitting configure did the trick! Working fine now. Thanks much for this driver!

1 Like