[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

This feature exist in the not yet released Closed Beta. PM me if you want to join the Closed Beta, it is in the final phase, the only truly important part missing is the documentation.

I ended up getting it to work.
I had to replace most of the platformio.ini from the [common] section down as it required the platform_packages in multiple sections.
I'm pretty sure this is what I messed up originally when I tried to add them.
For reference I followed the instructions here and used the release-8.1-hubitat.

That makes a lot of sense if you can add me that would be great. I was jut going to try and modify the sonoff RF driver as it will need the parent/child structure. I haven't actually got it set up yet but happy to help when I have set it up.

That's great!

The new driver is 100% parent/child, I've not looked at running zigbee at all in Tasmota, what's the prerequisites? I could see about getting it up and running on a device as well, think it might require some significant additions to the driver to work as intended.

EDIT: I have the prerequisites, I have also looked at how this needs to be implemented in order to be working with auto-discovery, there's some fairly significant additions needed. For now you can use the Send Command feature of the new parent driver combined with a virtual device and RM rules. For incoming events I will have to see what I can do. It shouldn't be too hard to add something basic that will receive all device events and send it to a specific child device. I will think on it.
I did add a Zigbee Controller template to the App and Universal driver.
The other alternative is to use MQTT to add support for this.

For questions and follow-up on this, let us move this to the Closed Beta thread.

Can you get the actual state of the mini after changing it locally on the mini it self

Welcome to the community!

If the Mini runs my version of Tasmota with my drivers, then yes, state changes made on the mini itself are reflected in HE.

Hey @markus, how is it going?
i've got a weird one, I've just bought new plugs which I tuya converted. All is well with the flashing, setting up template etc. I can connect and toggle on and off via browser UI
But now, I'm having problem discovering it from hubitat.
When trying to add it manually, I'm getting this

the logs is showing below:

and I cannot discover it automatically, which I dont think based on my memory this function doesn't work anyway, correct?

any thoughts? cheers

You're trying to use a driver you've not installed. I will add you to the Closed Beta driver thread, use that driver instead, it is easier.

1 Like

dont mind me, just had a brain fart! sorted! LOL

1 Like

HI MARKUS
tks for your reply

effectively i had the wrong firmware on the device

so i have re flash the Tasmota Hubitat V8.1.0 on the device and installed the Sonoff mini template
then i reinstalled the Sonoff mini driver found at github markus-li/hubitat
then i installed the the device using the Tasmota connect app and still get the same result
i can control the mini from He but i do not see the change made at the mini itself on He

1 Like

i also notice that the led activate on the mini but not the relay

1 Like

Sory markus after verification the relay is controlled OK

1 Like

markus by the way tank you for the nice welcome in the community

1 Like

markus i got it working

after installing the device ( sonoff mini) with the Tasmota connect app (manually with the IP address of the device)
in the device menu of He , in the different preference option i selected DISABLE AUTOMATICALLY MODULE AND TEMPLATE
then i hit save preference
then hit configure
from there it work perfect i can see the state change in He when i activate the sonoff mini localy

Tank you markus for your work

1 Like

Anyone know if the Zemismart Tuya roller shade motor would work? It says its zigbee and can be connected to the Tuya zigbee gateway. However, Zemismart said it doesn't work natively with SmartThings or Hubitat.

Thanks

Glad to hear you sorted it out!

@yototogblo this firmware (Tasmota) is for Tuya WiFi devices with the ESP8266 chip, not for Zigbee based devices. I don't know that particular device, but if you search the forum and can't find it mentioned, create a new thread and maybe someone do know if it works, if it doesn't it is probably just a driver that needs to be written, but if it is 100% standards compliant it may even work with a Generic driver.

EDIT: Their gateway is supposedly Zigbee 3.0, so there is hope for it to work, but until the clusters used are confirmed there is no way of knowing if it would work with a Generic driver.

Thanks!

First of all thanks @markus for all your work and @jchurch for writing that installation guide.

Well, I finally succeeded at flashing, after a long battle with Windows 10 etc, a Sonoff Mini with Tasmota Hubitat 7.2.0v using Sonoff DIY Tool and it seems to be working perfectly.
But unfortunately I've updated one Sonoff Mini with a more recent firmware version through Ewelink (3.5.0 firmware) and Diy Tool doesn't detect it anymore.
Is there another tool to flash it ?
Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

No worries at all mate. You need Eewlink 3.3 (or higher) so it should be still working for you on v3.5. That said these can be fiddly so if you are stuck you could also consider the option of soldering wires (if comfortable) and using a flasher see here.

1 Like

Thanks @jchurch, but I've tried quite a few times and sonoff diy tool doesn't find my Sonoff Mini v3.5.0, even though it says higher versions could work.

Is it possible to flash a sonoff device using tuya-convert or any other tool as an alternative to sonoff diy tool ?

1 Like

@jmarcim Tuya-convert doesn't work, but there is also this way:
Flash Tasmota on a Sonoff in DIY mode in Linux