[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

Got'cha. Firmware is flashed with the 8.1, but I'm not sure which driver to pick for Hubitat now. None of them seem to match the template, and I can't find a generic one! Which driver/app should I be using?

As an aside--I currently have the bulb on a guest network because I'm wary of IOT things being on my home network. Is that going to cause issues for the hubitat trying to find things?

I understand that the safe (and maybe only?) way to go at this point is to flash the firmware to the following:

tasmota-minimal-8.1.0.bin

You will do this and the next step directly on the device's web interface. Once complete, you will want to flash it with (Note that the instructions say to go with the lite version first, so that may be the safer approach...):

tasmota-hubitat-8.1.0.bin

I have wondered the same, but never tried it... Someone else will need to chime in on that one.

1 Like

@Sebastien Yep all good to go on the bulb firmware! I just can't figure out what drivers/apps need to go on the HE now so that the bulb will dim. I did the tasmota-generic-rgb-rgbw-controller-bulb-dimmer-expanded driver, but am not sure where to insert the template...

1 Like

The template ultimately will go on in your bulb's settings. You can just go ahead and update it directly on the device (bulb) via its web interface. Go to the IP then Configuration -> Configure Other. Under template, you should see your template as copied from the Tasmota site you linked. If you don't, replace what's there with the correct one.

1 Like

Actually got it to work! WOOHOO! Great sense of accomplishment.

Thanks for all your help everyone! Super awesome to start being a member of this community. As my first contribution:

Things work on the guest network as long as you enable LAN access!

1 Like

Awesome! And I have to say I really love the Hubitat community! Everyone is so helpful, it's really great!

I'm curious... Is this something you setup on your internet router?

Yes! Gotta check this box for it to work. I'm sure with a better router you can be more granular--I only have a TP Link Archer A7.

Ah! Makes sense. Thanks!

@LostJen For IR it is a bit more complex, auto-detection there is not working and I have not yet added support for sending IR commands from any of my drivers. There has been no requests for it and I've not yet setup the things I need it for in my home. It will happen at some point. Until then you could use my Beta driver to send custom commands to Tasmota in order to transmit IR signals. Start a new thread and tag me and we can go through it all there, it will take a few posts before all is setup right.

Thank you @Sebastien for guiding @snichs through the installation :slight_smile:

With that ticked, it would be the same as connecting the devices directly to your normal wifi as far as security is concerned. That router (might exist some hardware version which doesn't, but in general that model is fine) can run OpenWRT if you want more features and to run a more "advanced" network.
Splitting a network in this way is a complicated topic for when you want to add security to IoT, but there is plenty of help to be had in this community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s so hot here I wanted to set the ac back up. The heater is away till next year.

The ir device wasnā€™t really for the heater anyway. I was just using it that way until it was warm enough to stain and poly some shelves, to bring my old diy tube 2 channel system up here. I had a isolated power ir based stepper motor that turned the volume dual stepped attenuator, but the remote got lost in our last move. The magic of remote volume with no degradation (old Bent Audio kit) :wink: Iā€™ve got the codes and only need vol up and down so will likely just do webgets bookmarked for ease of us.

Definitely not worth a lot any effort now Iā€™ve killed the heater. I just got too hyper focused on that task that I lost sight of itā€™s utility.

Thanks for the offer and the cod3vso far

I see, by the time you need the heater again there's probably an IR transmitter feature added to my driver.

You're welcome!

Hey @markus I have a question about compiling the firmware from the source code.
For full transparency I have no experience doing this but was following the guides on the Tasmota documentation using gitpod on how to do it.

What I was trying to do was add in the Tasmota2zigbee capability in order to be able the Opple Xiaomi 6 button remote (I gather you know the group messaging issues with this as you were part of the discussion on this it the community) to the firmware you maintain but when I do so it loses the ability enable the hubitat/smatthings option as it no longer appears inthe GUI.

So my ultimate my question is is there anything special/different I need to do when compiling the firmware accepting the fact that the issue is most likely me not knowing what I'm doing.

And I'm not sure I've actually said this explicitly but thank you so much for everything you have done in maintaining the fork of the Tasmota firmware.

You would need to make some additional settings in the compile options, where did you get the source from, which branch in my firmware repo?
When was that support added? If it was after 8.1.0 I've not merged in the changes.

Please link to the instructions you followed so that I know which of the many ways you're doing this.

You're welcome, I'm glad you like it! For the zigbee support there will need to be changes to the driver, that would be best done in my new driver, I can invite you to the beta thread if you want? The only reason that driver is not released publicly is because new documentation is needed.

EDIT: One thing to note, the zigbee modules used with Tasmota doesn't have very good range unless you use the version with a signal booster module (have not followed what support they've added regarding that), so if you intend to use the button for away from the Tasmota device, there may be issues unless you add repeaters.

@markus, thanks for doing such a great job, not only to release the sources, also with the detail instructions, notes; I learnt a lots from here.

I have a question about power monitor calibration; searched but did not find the specific info.
I have KMC 4 Power Monitor with Tasmota Hubitat 8.1.0. The original power reading was off at 144V, with KillaWatt meter, using 91W bulb to calibrate (PowerSet 91, VoltageSet 120, CurrentSet 760) and get Power factor 1.00; Then I have 8W bulb, the reading is 10W (vs 8W) 90mA (vs 80mA). Then I calibrate using 8W as reference, the 91W reading became 81W (vs 91W), 672mA (vs 760mA).

What is the best way to calibrate it to get a proper power usage reading in all range ?

@pluto I'm happy you like it :slight_smile:

This is a general issue, the power-readings don't have a fixed offset. I've been contemplating to add a linear regression filter, this would allow you to calibrate more accurately. Recently I've not had a lot of time and since the libraries I need in Groovy for this are not included in the platform it is a bit of work to add. So at the moment I don't have a great solution for you, but if you have the time and write a linear regression filter I'd be happy to add it to the drivers.

Once added, it would work like this one for ESPHome:

1 Like

@markus, its a great reference. I'll take a look to see what I can do. Thanks,

1 Like

When I compile the Tasmota-Hubitat in Arduino-IDE, I do not have the button ā€œConfigure Hubitat / SmartThingsā€ visible on the device page after I flash the ESP8266.
I have tried toggling SetOption113 in the Console, which works on the release but not my compiled version.
Also tried adding the user_config_override.h with the enabling HUBITAT_USE
Then tried disabling MQTT in the console as well.
Everything I have tried fails to make the Hubitat button appear.
Aside from the missing Hubitat everything seems to be working with my compile.

Am I missing something?

Oh I have tried compiling 7.1 & 8.1.

I just did both of my Feit Outdoor plugs today without any problems... I used the tasmota-generic-wifi-switch-plug-expanded.groovy driver

2 Likes

@EVOXGSR Where did you get the source from? My github repo or the official one?
There are compile time options needed to enable HE support, which options have you set?

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to get a notification if a Sonoff (Tasmota) temperature sensor (TH16) has not reported in for a specific time.

So what I am doing is this. I have a Sonoff Th16 with a temperature and humidity sensor monitoring my freezer in an out building. What I want is to get a notification if the temp goes above -5 degrees or if the Sonoff Th16 does not report in for 30min. This is case the power fails only in the out building and I am unaware of it.