[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

Hi @markus, I'm interested in getting lumary LED strip which is listed in "supported" list.

just to confirm that it means I can tuya-convert it? do I use the same bin files as I have used on my power plugs?

then after that, as long as I install and choose the correct drivers, it should just work?

thanks

Yes, that one should work with the closed beta driver. I'll add it to the configuration list during the weekend.

1 Like

Awesome! thanks Markus. Oh, and hope you're keeping safe!

1 Like

You're welcome! It has been added. All good, Shanghai is well organized, I can't speak for the rest of China, but here it's very good considering the circumstances.

Hi Markus, this is such a great addition to the HE platform!! Congrats!

I had a bunch of sonoff minis already flashed and working perfectly, having the ability to use wifi inexpensive switches within HE is just fantastic. I also bought a few of these:

They are both a plug and an RGB light. I could flash them to 8.1 without any problems. Within Hubitat, the "Tasmota generic wifi switch/plug" driver woks fine in order to control the plug itself, but I can't find a way to control de RGB Led in the device.

I guess I should have a parent driver for the plug/switch and a child to control the light, but I can't figure it out. This is how it looks if I access the device directly:

And the config I used after flashing:

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!

The unreleased Closed Beta driver solves this issue. It would be able to handle this device. If you want access, please PM me. The only thing missing with the Closed Beta driver is good documentation.

I'm glad you like my driver and that it comes to good use! Always happy to hear that!

Great thanks!

Updated the first post to make it clear what is what, it can be confusing to know how to get Tasmota working and I hope this at least helps with choosing the driver. I understand there are those that don't want to use my custom firmware for some reason, if that is the case, then don't, as described above, there are alternatives. My hope is that anyone publishing alternatives explains the differences, trade-offs and reasoning why their way is the way to go and how it is accomplished. It shouldn't be needed to read the source code to understand the basic differences and trade-offs being made. I've explained the approach used by my firmware+driver before, but now it's in the first post and I hope it is now clear.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but please, when posting a driver for something that already has an actively maintained driver, make sure to explain clearly the how and why, it's hard enough for most to know what to choose.

1 Like

Hi Markus. Did you ever get that 2-channel dimmer delivered? Did you make it work with your new driver by chance?

I did get it, I've not had time to even connect it yet, life has been in the way. Sorry, it takes longer than I had expected.

No worries at all. I understand how that happens. I might connect mine up and see how it works in Tuya first. I was holding off until you had a chance to play with it. No hurry for me.

1 Like

Hi @markus, how's it going? are you okay adding this one too? DD001-MINI(G)-IR-V08 LED Controller
(If it's not already there)

so just so I'm clear, the drivers for the devices are added to your new driver? (the parent child one)

I'll add it, looking at the template there is no support for an IR Remote, even though the picture shows one. The IR Remote is not yet supported in the driver anyway, so no problem.
And yes, it's for the new driver, so future requests like this, please post in that thread.

Do so, I'll look at this soon I hope, just been a crazy last few weeks.

Hi Markus,
Thank you so much for sharing these! I have 2 wifi based smartlife/tuya contact sensors - would the distance sensor firmware work with them? I'm not too sure about which one I ought to use and I don't want to brick them. Thank you!

Much appreciated!!!! :love_you_gesture: :vulcan_salute:

Do you have a link to the device template from here? :

You probably will need my Closed Beta driver for these. The firmware to use is probably the standard Hubitat Tasmota build, but I'd need to know exactly what device it is to tell you for sure.

Hi Markus,
Thanks for responding so quickly! This is the one

Fingers crossed! I absolutely hate the latency over wifi and IFTTT. Really wish I'd just bought more Zigbee ones. They weren't even that much more expensive than this. I just figured I'd try these out because Tuya plugs etc hadn't been too bad. Little did I know.

Both good and bad news, yes, this can be done, but expect 4s delays, maybe less, but it will not be as fast as a Zigbee sensor. Reading the instructions it does look like tuya-convert could be a very hard thing to do, probably best to flash over serial. As far as drivers go, there would be no support for the battery status, but if you do flash it you can use my Closed Beta driver to have it show as a Contact Sensor without having to use a virtual device and RM. PM if you want access to the Closed Beta.

Hi Markus,
4s is about a fifth of what I'm current dealing with so this seems like a godsent as far as I'm concerned! PMing you now - thank you so much!