Vote for Shelly UNI

I have updated the driver on my website to remove the previous multi-device code
The driver now also includes most features inc:

Added buttons to turn on relays
Ability to detach inputs from relays
Switches/buttons can be momentary
The use of up to 3 external temperature sensors
Temperature and humidity from an DHT22 external sensor

The driver is in 'Drivers -> Unsupported drivers'

Andy

Done!

Andy

1 Like

Here it is. Have not got it yet.
/M

1 Like

HI.Super good work Cobra! I

have your latest driver and I can't get the detach inputs to be updated to current state automatically in dashboard and in device page current states... I have to refresh to make work,,, What am I doing wrong?

The device has to be 'polled' to get the inputs data
It does not send the information - you have to request it

It's the same if you use the relays from the actual device api.
Until the device is refreshed in HE it won't report the status

You can set the auto refresh to 1 minute but atm that's the quickest it can do it

1 Like

Ohhh noooo ■■■■.... Then the uni inputs is not an good with hubitat. I mean for example if I connect it to a garagedoorsensor. When I open the garage door the light should go on asap...... Then it will change input in 1 minute so it will be dark in the garage up to a minute....
(I use a fibaro smart implant that is instant state)

Thats a pity....the Shelly unis are so cheap...

The only other way would be to use MQTT with a separate broker.
Then it would be instant (but would also require a rewrite of the driver)

@Evilborg
Scott, did you do any tests on your other drivers with refresh times less than 1 minute?
I’m conscious that it would cause a lot of network traffic

Andy

If you have more than 25 devices I wouldn't refresh below 1 minute, in my tests it locked up or slowed the hubs. If you have more than 50 devices don't go below 5 minutes. This generates a ton of traffic and personally I only use auto refresh for certain devices that I need constant updates.

If you only have 2 or 3 devices under a minute refresh won't harm the C-5 hubs but I wouldn't push it past that number of devices.

One other thing to keep in mind about Shelly devices..... Turning on MQTT option in the settings will kill CLOUD access to them except for the battery powered ones.

The actions URL updates are typically very quick to respond and do not require polling or MQTT. Also, they would be easy to add without having to rework your driver much, @Cobra. You can set then up programmatically or even directly in the Shelly web interface.

I used those in my driver and have had great results with them on other Shelly devices in the past.

4 Likes

Now that's a bummer and something that will make this completely useless for most applications or am I missing something ???

MQTT - it's not that ominous

1 Like

Sorry is not enought configure the shelly as shown here
https://community.hubitat.com/t/problems-with-shelly-2-5-switch-stock-driver/48447/78
or im misunderstood

Fine
In my opinion doing everything from driver is redundant
It's not a complicated step and anyway Shelly's web page you are obliged to use it for the network address.

Guys
I originally I wrote my driver for a specific use in my Motorhome
I don't really want to spend any more time on it as it works for my use
I suggest you use @tomw's driver as he seems to have all the features worked out
I'll withdraw my version of the driver from my site

Andy

Let it and explain that is for specific use and what it do.
Is knowledge shared, can be helpful for another developer in future.
just My opinion

Hi all
I ask if someone have experience in luminosity sensors that can be connected to the UNI in the place of temperature sensor?

Thank you for this, Worked perfectly for my Uni - now available from the US site. I now have sump pump backup battery voltage on my dashboard. I may put one on my mower battery.

3 Likes

Hi

This is the device link in the video from aliexpress

There's more than one model.
The output must be three wires
You can order the model 0-5 v or 0-10 v only

1 Like

@tomw do you have an idea the output of my dhelly has to many digit after the .
Can of useless and quitte hard to put in a dashboard

Thank for this driver very usefull for my home ups with the grid and mostly with solar chaging

I got my Uni setup yesterday with the Shelly app, but haven't been able to add it as a device in Hubitat. I've tried creating it using @tomw drivers, but Hubitat gives and error and won't save it as a device.

This is the url I got the the driver from ... https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomwpublic/shelly_experimental/main/packageManifest.json

This is the error I'm getting