Vote for Shelly UNI

I haven't done them yet - perhaps later today I can get to it
I have added the momentary function to the relays as I might have a use for that

Cool. I left out a bunch of the misc. functionality. But if anyone wants to use my version of the driver and sees something missing, just let me know. One I already know about: I don't specify the limits for ADC over/under values to generate an action on the URL, so they are just set to the default 0V value. I don't know what that will do in practice since I haven't hooked it up to a real signal yet. I could guess that it will either report more often than desired or not at all.

Can't find it....

Scott, it's a real hacked version of your switch driver which just shows adcvoltage
Drivers -> Unsupported Drivers

I haven't posted the new one yet - still working on it

1 Like

LOL you aren't kidding !! You must have spent some time adding // to all those lines!

1 Like

Yep!
I just wanted to get something working for my adc voltage
I have cleaned up and rewrote a lot of it now :slight_smile:
There is not a lot of your code left :slight_smile:

I would think so -- that driver supports many Shelly devices

1 Like

Yeah, I just needed to grab the basic url calls etc.

1 Like

@tomw and @Cobra if you guys will/can post your drivers in this thread that would be helpful on keeping all the drivers under 1 thread. Yes I know they are yours but it simplifies were most people will go....

Scott, you know my answer to this :slight_smile:

I don't post my code to this forum anymore, even the open source stuff :slight_smile:
When it's ready I'll post a link to where it will be on my website
:innocent: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ya I know but maybe you will make an exception in this case :smiley: A link to your site would be enough... no reason to post any actual code.

1 Like

nope :slight_smile: :rofl: :joy:

Actually, I don't a have public github to put it on anyway

1 Like

@tomw
I just tested and sending the inputs 'high' just turns on the switch relays
So it is not really an independent input

1 Like

Ah, interesting.

I was thinking that this setting would detach the inputs from the outputs:

btn_type string Accepted values: momentary, toggle, edge, detached, action, momentary_on_release

I read this in the Shelly 2.5 section and assumed the Uni worked the same way:

Upon power-on, outputs are initialized using one of 4 available strategies:

Keep output OFF
    Turn output ON
    Restore the state of the output from before the power loss
    Read the physical switch state and configure the output accordingly, if the selected input type can provide this information

Physical input switches can be one of:

a momentary, push-button switch
    a toggle switch with two stable states
    an "edge" switch. In this input mode, every switch state transition causes a toggle of the output state. This can be used with input from existing two-way switch installations
    detached, inputs do not control the relays
    activation switch -- each event turns the channel on and resets the auto-off timer

I have a 2.5 but will admit that I haven't tried this behavior with either the 2.5 or Uni. But I figured it you used 'detached' mode the outputs would be software control only and that you'd still be able to read the input states.

Maybe @Evilborg knows if the outputs work this way with the 2.5 (or other devices)?

So
setting button_type: detached would just give inputs without activation of the relays.. interesting enough to try it

1 Like

It does :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. I updated my driver to set the button type as 'detached' for both relays. Thanks for confirming.

Well the uni is a complement to Fibaro smart implant...but alot cheeper. I have a projekt were I am going to build autofilling of water in my Miele espresso machine . I will use a Ikea Knycklan water valve and a watersensor 0-10v . Here is a link with use case of the UNI.
/Mattias
Hope your arabic is good :wink:

1 Like

Which water sensor did you use?
Do you have a link to the device please?

Andy